Main Menu

Mercedes 300sl

Started by John B, March 28, 2013, 01:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B

Just started working on this in my spare time. I'm fairly happy with how it has turned out so far, but seeing all the extra room in this rendering has given me the idea to turn this into my version of an old 300sl advertisment

Anyone have any thoughts or possible areas of improvement?

mjb

Thats really nice, only one improvement springs to mind ;)

guest84672

That and the car is a little too big.

Despot

I'm assuming you are both alluding to the fact that the driver appears to have been abducted mid-drive...  ;)

J

edwardo

he bailed out 500 yds ago!

mjb

;D either that or it's the most expensive Tamiya car on the planet  ;)

Mr T is right, tis a bit large for the road.. I certainly didnt notice. Really like the overall look of this though.. how are you going to go about installing a driver? Daz?

John B

yeah the driver is something i've been thinking on. Not entirely sure where i'm gonna go with it, maybe a saucer in the background flying off???  :P

mjb

Use a daz character! Personally I try to avoid them, but with a clever bit of reflective work in the windscreen, will look A-ok. Give it a go - Daz is free these days (I think) if you havent got it already.

John B

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm taking a look at them right now and unless I can think up a better way to insert the driver I think i'll give a daz character a shot.

mjb

good call :) Keyshot can render them up pretty realistically... no worries.

John B

not to necro (though I don't believe this counts... yet) this topic

I finally got some time to give the 300sl another shot

In my own opinion, I could have made the "Mercedes Benz - The best or nothing" slightly larger or bolder to bring it out more.