Start up Keyshot with renderer paused?

Started by mattjgerard, March 09, 2017, 08:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Is there a way to open up a keyshot document where the renderer is already paused (shift-p) by default? I am trying to automate some actions and the computer totally bogs down and becomes unresponsive if I try to open more than 3 docs because KS is firing up multiple instances of the application.

I just need to open the KS doc, save out a package file and close it. If anyone has a quick and fast way to automate that I'd be interested!

Thanks!

Will Gibbons

I just replied to one of you other posts. In the future, I'd recommend listing all these questions in one post as they're all related.

I'd think this can be achieved through scripting and would ask in that thread. Also, your best bet would be to do these all sequentially, not simultaneously. One thing you could do is change the number of cores KeyShot is using in the top left hand corner near the pause button. Drop it to its lowest setting. KeyShot should remember this setting for all future projects and be the default.

mattjgerard

Hello Will- My apologies for the multiple posts, common courtesy in forums that I've frequented in the past have been to limit each post to a single issue so its easier to track the progress of the discussion, and for future searches, but I'm new to this one so I can proceed how ever the mods want :)

If I can learn the scripting language and can deal with the files one at a time, that would be fine. I have no preference if they are all open at once or one at a time, I'm exploring options as to how KS is configured and what controls are available to the user. I did experiment with the settings you mentioned, and that did give me the possibility to open up to 10 KS docs and I was able to cycle through them using the pause renderer short cut. That did help a lot and got me one step closer to my goal.

Scripting languages are tough for me to grasp, my mind just doesn't want to work that way, but I am willing to learn it as I can. That's why I'm lamenting the move from macOS and Automator to Windows 7 at my new job. Automator would be able to handle what I need it to no problem. As I am finding nothing in the windows world that is as user friendly and capable, I see that I will have to dive into the scripting world.

Thanks for the tips, and I'll try to keep this one up to date with anything new I figure out.