dockable pallets, material configurations and UI

Started by jeffw, October 09, 2012, 06:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

1.   Have dockable pallets and saveable workspace. The ability to name and save your workspace environment so when you open the program all your pallets open in the size and postion that they were when you closed keyshot. This is pretty much the standard in graphics programs anymore.

2.   Open program with the last open material library. This could be part of the above request. If you work with your own material library it would be nice if it opened to that one or whatever library you closed with. Chances are you will want that same library.

3.   Have an option to list materials by name only. The present UI of having icons truncates the name unless it is really short. Yes you can hover over it to get the full name but why bother.  If you work exclusively in your own saved materials you know their names because you named them so you don't really need to see a visual representation. The icons are helpful to me when looking through the Keyshot materials I don't know but when I am in my own library name is all I need.

4.   Save model material configurations. I would really like to see model configuration in Keyshot.  That is being able to save and toggle what parts of the model are shown and hidden. In addition it would be great to be able to save a configuration of what materials are on a model. The would make recalling a certain material much easier than trying to remember what materials you had there before you changed it to something else.

5.   Open program with locked camera. Presently when you lock the camera the next time you open Keyshot it is no longer locked. Give the option to open it locked This way when you open the program you know your camera is where you left it and don't have to relock it each time you open the file.

6.   Get rid of the advanced tab in the import dialog. This is totally useless and tiresome to have to
always click on it to expand it one inch to get those options. Who cares if it is called advanced or not. Just show us all the import options in one window.