Move object "during" animation

Started by Winch Doctor, September 04, 2014, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winch Doctor

It would be nice to be able to move objects (in this case a cotter pin) while respecting animations that have already taken place in the timeline. What currently happens: I choose a spot on the timeline where the object's destination is most visible (ex: I can see the hole for my cotter pin). When I try to align the cotter pin with the hole, the cotter pin jumps to its location before any animation has taken place, then realigns when I accept the position and jiggle the timeline scrubber. My cotter pin is included in the parts group that is being animated, so yes, it is included in the animation.

The obvious workaround is to find the part name that contains the hole, go to the beginning of the animation, make only it and the cotter pin visible, move the cotter pin into position, make everything visible again, then find the spot where you were in the timeline. It'd be quicker and easier for parts to move in respect to animations that have already occurred based on your scrubber position. 

Thanks!