Radiator VRs on website

Started by DriesV, January 08, 2015, 08:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Hey guys,

I wanted to show you where most of the VRs I recently did end up.
Product VRs

Hope you like 'em!

Dries

Rex

So awesome dries! Thanks for sharing!

Josh3D

Very cool Dries! Did you know you can make VR's responsive with KeyShot 5? It's possible to update earlier ones to be responsive as well with a tweak to the html output. I can email you about it if interested.

Josh

DriesV

Quote from: josh3d on January 08, 2015, 09:35:24 AM
Very cool Dries! Did you know you can make VR's responsive with KeyShot 5? It's possible to update earlier ones to be responsive as well with a tweak to the html output. I can email you about it if interested.

Josh

Josh,
I actually rendered these with KeyShot 5.1. I'm not sure what our marketing dept. did to the HTML files they got from me. I know sizing on the website was an issue they struggled with. (All VRs are 800*800 to make them fit on most screens.)
Sure, you can mail me instructions to improve sizing/quality. ;)

Dries

feher

Nice work ! DriesV
I love VR's so fun to play with.... ;D
They are keepers
Tim

Esben Oxholm

Very cool.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the steps between each angle even smaller, to make the experience when you turn the object more smooth?

guest84672

Esben - it is all a matter of how many frames you want in your VR. The more frames, the smoother the interaction.

DriesV

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 09, 2015, 05:14:34 AM
Very cool.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the steps between each angle even smaller, to make the experience when you turn the object more smooth?

Yes, angle increments can be smaller (up to 1°). These VRs are a compromise between user experience and render time. Each VR has 288 frames.
You need a lot more frames if you halve the angle increments! :)

Dries

DriesV

Quote from: feher on January 08, 2015, 02:05:12 PM
Nice work ! DriesV
I love VR's so fun to play with.... ;D
They are keepers
Tim

Thanks, Tim!
I agree. VRs are a very neat way to showcase products. I find myself using them a lot. Not just for online marketing, but also to pitch concepts internally. A VR says so much more than a single shot and sometimes even animations.

Dries

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: thomasteger on January 09, 2015, 05:32:59 AM
Esben - it is all a matter of how many frames you want in your VR. The more frames, the smoother the interaction.
Quote from: DriesV on January 09, 2015, 05:34:03 AM
Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 09, 2015, 05:14:34 AM
Very cool.

Yes, angle increments can be smaller (up to 1°). These VRs are a compromise between user experience and render time. Each VR has 288 frames.
You need a lot more frames if you halve the angle increments! :)

Dries

All right, cool. Thanks.
Yeah, it's always a matter of render time :)
How big are your increments, Dries?

Does anybody have an example of a VR with increments of 1 degree? And how many frames would it take?

DriesV

These are 15° horizontal and vertical.

Dries

DriesV

Btw, I just checked in KeyShot. A full spherical VR with 1° increments requires 57600 (fifty-seven thousand six hundred) frames. ;)
You don't want to put such a monster on a website...

10° increments = 612 frames.
Still a lot more than 288 frames for 15°.

Dries

Arian Shamil

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: DriesV on January 09, 2015, 09:29:46 AM
Btw, I just checked in KeyShot. A full spherical VR with 1° increments requires 57600 (fifty-seven thousand six hundred) frames. ;)
You don't want to put such a monster on a website...

10° increments = 612 frames.
Still a lot more than 288 frames for 15°.

Dries

Haha, no, that was way more than I imagined. Good lord.
I see. Way longer render time for a small increment in smoothness.
Thanks for the information, Dries.

Will Gibbons

All some good info being shared here. You did quite a few of those @dries. Was the render time pretty significant or pretty quick with your setup? I feel like the company site they're on would benefit from some thumbnails so you know what you're going to see before clicking on a model.

Nice work.