More 'still' renders using KeyShot 5...

Started by Despot, June 27, 2014, 05:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Sorry - I have trouble with Subject titles...

Did this shot to illustrate UV mapping of wood,  with the intention of posting it in the relevant thread - but thought it deserved more...

Thanks for looking

J

edwardo

Thats beautiful. I love this chair and can't stand seeing the millions of duff models of it populating interior renderings - thick, chunky legs; slightly 'off' proportions; entirely wrong wood. This is the finest CG version of this chair that iv seen, AND its my favourite finish (can't remember if its the cherry or walnut)

Not overly keen on the backdrop though - its like an Eames chair sauna. I think the studs between the seat and the legs are like black rubber dampers - they are on mine anyway, but its a fake  :-[

On another day i might have to pick your brains a bit your texturing techniques/pipelines

good stuff
Ed

Despot

Yeah Ed - you're right, the wooden plank theme doesn't quite work... but thanks for the compliments, model is not mine, texturing is though

How about this ?

And pick my brains anytime you wish, although there's not much left to pick - and I wouldn't advise having a conversation with me about it as my speech has returned, but unfortunately, I'm stuttering like hell.... think Ronnie Barker from Open All Hours.... G-g-g-granville, fetch yer cloth !!

J

Ed

I enjoy seeing renders of relatively simple subjects.  There is not a lot of complexity to distract you, so what is shown needs to be accurate.

Well done and convincing in every way.

You'll need to change your profile name to "Material Master" :)

Ed

Josh3D

Quote from: The Metal Master on June 27, 2014, 07:18:41 AM
...as my speech has returned...

Don't know how glad I am to see that. So good to hear John. Seeing this reminds me about continuing a search for one at the local antique shops.

DriesV

Wood on concrete works wonders. :)

*cough*concrete to the cloud*cough*

Dries

feher

The simpler the object the harder it is to pull it off I feel. You did a great job with this. I like the wood and wood image better  ;D
Thanks for sharing
Tim

edwardo

john, thats fantastic news re your speech - I'm very pleased for you. And you have a great attitude (based on slightly dark humour) to see you through these trials.  A good sense of humour will get you through the worst of times!

And ftr, Albert Arkwright is a legend! so I wouldn't worry about a stammer too much. I developed (a fairly bad) stutter after my dad died some years ago. was the strangest thing. My mouth just didn't want to move the way my brain was trying to make it! It can be quite frustrating and upsetting at times. Thankfully it sorted itself out after about 6 months or so.

If you were sitting where I am now, overhearing what I am hearing (in my local int'net  cafe listening to a bunch of 20 something yr old students having a pseudo-polital discussion), you would see (or hear) that the ability of speech is overrated and more often than not abused and infused with sh!t. Or maybe I just wish I was deaf at this particular moment - that would help.  Arrrrgggg... somebody make them shut up!!

Dylan

Congratulations on getting speech back John. Here's hoping everything else improves for you too.

Excellent model and renders. I actually like the plank backdrop, the only niggle I had with it was that it the wall and floor looked too identical as if they had been bent at 90 degrees. Otherwise I like the whole thing.