Help: Can I access keyshot's image editor after a rendering is done?

Started by Will Gibbons, November 19, 2014, 07:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

My rendering finished, and then the render window automatically closes when a rendering is done. Say I want to adjust the bloom etc. when a rendering is done... can I re-access that menu? Or can I tell KS to not close that dialogue box automatically when render completes?

Thanks,

Rex

Hey Will,

As it currently stands, the only way to access the image editor is through the render output window. Just apply the render as a backplate to an empty scene and render using maximum samples mode set to 1 sample.

Rex

Will Gibbons

Thanks Rex. Makes sense. That answers my question, but brings another to mind.

I often use max samples setting and walk away for an hour or so... but when I returned to my computer, the render had finished and the render output window had automatically closed. Any way to make sure the render output window remains open until I chose to close it?

If not, that'd be a great feature to add...

Thanks.

soren

The method proposed by Rex will allow you to apply brightness/contrast and other color modifications, but you cannot change bloom - only apply it once more. The same thing applies to vignetting. At the time of writing, KeyShot does not directly support re-opening rendered images in the render output window.

As for keeping the output window open it should behave like this: If "Render Mode" is Default or Background the window should stay open when finished. If you render via the queue the render window will close when done.
Also, editing frames in an animation is not supported.

Søren

Will Gibbons

Hi Soren, Not sure why, but when outputting a single rendering, once it finishes... it closes after sitting idle for about 25 seconds. Not sure why that is. I understand what you said, but mine may be functioning oddly.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it.

Rex

Will,

You're running Windows 7 right? It happens for me after 5 minutes of idle time.

Rex

soren

This is a bug. We will look into fixing it. Thank you for reporting this.

Søren

Will Gibbons