Main Menu

Jaguar Type E

Started by Finema, July 05, 2016, 11:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi,
It's my beginning in automotive and i'm sure i must learn a lot of techniques again.
Unfortunately my test is based on a free model with low polygons.
I've tried to reproduce a studio with lights but the result is nearest an illustration or toy than a realistic photo studio.

Despot

Not bad for a first try Jean Philippe, losing the DOF might help realism, I always find it rarely ever works with automobiles unless your doing a tight closeup. The subject always ends up looking like a toy.

Josh3D

I always recommend Tim's Automotive webinar to those starting out. Uses KeyShot 5, but techniques are still valid.

NM-92

Agree on the DoF tip. I'm a fan of it though :P , so even though i always use it, even in car shots, i try to keep it really subtle. If i think it's ok the way i see it, i turn it down a bit.

Finema

Here an other exterior test with a backplate and HDRI who match with.
Adjust Perspective tool is hard to use.

Despot

Nice attempt, but the car needs to be rotated a few degrees to the right I think... :)

SebasDesign

Quote from: Finema on July 06, 2016, 10:43:02 AM
Here an other exterior test with a backplate and HDRI who match with.
Adjust Perspective tool is hard to use.

Actually in the backplate image there's the perspective in the name of the picture, I believe it's 90 or 110. You can use that to avoid having to use the adjust perspective tool

Hossein Alfideh

Hi finema!
Nice start!
I think tire textures seem to be missing also I suggest to play with the shadows a bit.
Good luck!

Finema

Thanks
Add textures in tires , rotate the model and use 90 for the perspective

guest84672

Getting there. And always turn the wheels. Maybe tilt the camera as well.

Finema

wheels turned 15°
camera tilted a little more
thanks Thomas

Finema

Hi
What's about this one ?

NM-92

Finema, hi. I'm attaching the studio i modeled for the Porsche scene if you want to check it out. It's very versatile and i achieved great results with it. Just test it out with different lights and textures, something good will come up. I enjoyed the last shots of the car btw. Cheers !

Finema

Hi Nicolas,
Here a test with your Studio.
I'm not sure i used it correctly.

NM-92

I don't think there's a "correct" way to use it. I always try different things, you can apply lights materials to the walls  and hide what you want to suit your needs. Here are two screenshots of WIPs where i am using that exact same studio. It depends on the look that you are after. Cheers.

Nicolas.