Main Menu

Test Fixture

Started by Speedster, August 21, 2012, 10:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

A test fixture I just finished for a client.  SolidWorks + KS Pro 3.2.36.  HDR is "Conference Room", heavily tweaked in the KS Editor.  The machined surface texture is the "brushed" bump, but I horsed around with scale- it's actually quite convincing of a milled surface.  The two columns have a "rod" bump, which I created in CS5 and the normal in FilterForge.
Bill G

jhiker

That's really nice - great use of textures :)

The white plastic looks like Acetal - is that the intention?

In the last shot there's something about the way the button-head screws are sitting on the bearing rail that doesn't look quite right......

Dylan

That is good work, very convincing.

Speedster

Yes!  I finally got an acetal!!  I have a variation for polypropylene.  Thanks for noticing.  I think the issue with the button heads is reflection.  They are properly located, but I think the screw heads needed a tiny flat or edge to set them apart.  Screws right out of the SolidWorks toolbox.
Bill G

jhiker

May I ask what material/texture combination did you use on the large circular boss-shaped thing with the two tubes shown in close-up in the last picture. Looks very nice.

Ed

Excellent.  Detailed model, accurate materials and custom lighting make it 100% photo-realistic.

Ed

Tim

Bill,
Can you share your settings for the acetal?
It looks really good.
Cheers,
Tim

Speedster

Here's the settings.
Bill G

jhiker

Thanks - very helpful Bill - and for the housing/boss?

Speedster

Here's the "Ground Shaft" jpeg I shot out in the shop, and the (FilterForge) bump map I use for most round parts.  Used it on the long posts and the bronze bearing.  You can really tweak them.  Still trying to find time away from the computer to machine up some flat surface textures like mill cut and flycut.  Sometime!
Bill G

Tim

jhiker