Objects have same coordinates but different locations

Started by Rollk1, January 18, 2018, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollk1

I have an issue where imported items' positions are independent from one another and not uniform with the workspace. For instance, all items are set to 0 XYZ positions, but they're in different locations. Clicking center puts them all in the same position, but their XYZ positions are still different and makes it difficult to position items to the same location. I ultimately want every object to be on the same XYZ coordinates.

I've tried changing the import settings to "keep original" but didn't help. Am I missing something?

Will Gibbons

I have a feeling this has to do with how each item is modeled (prior to KeyShot import). The default import should 'center and fit' and 'snap to ground' and your model should be in the middle/same place without any different coordinates.

If you're talking about individual bodies, those coordinates will be relative to the group they are part of.

What kind of files are you importing and from what application?

Rollk1

They're .stp files. I'm not sure where they were designed but assuming either Autodesk or Rhino. Can I open them in either of those applications and reset the coordinates somehow?

INNEO_MWo

Please check the meshes and the groups in the scene tree. Reset them to the default position.
(for a better understanding: The group and the part (mesh) can be moved individually. You'll see the different positions by selecting the objects in the scene tree)

Hope that helps