Error loading bip file

Started by cw176, May 02, 2013, 01:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cw176

I am experiencing initialization errors loading a certain bip file. Through experimentation I have traced the cause to a duplicate operation done on a 'bottom level' part in the tree structure. I have repeated the error with several different imported assemblies. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to have to rebuild the scene again.

Jak

I also spent many hours on creating a nice bip file and it worked fine. I had to close it in the evening. As I tired to reopen the next morning, I received the keyshot startup error "could not initialize keyshot".
I also duplicated some parts. So this might be the reason for me as well. I tried it on a different model and was able to produce the same error as follows:

- I have a part with "rounded edges"
- duplicate the part
- move the duplicated part
- save
- close keyshot
- Error will appear when trying to open

Could someone else please check that?

Attached you will find the error log.

ukindler

After loosing some hours of work and  some hundreds euros of engineering time for the second or third time we can confirm that KeyShot 4 is extremly buggy and can produce bip files that can crash KeyShot 4. This issue seems to be releated to the duplicate parts feature and is shown in the following video:

http://www.cetoni.de/fileadmin/user_upload/video/KeyShot4_FatalCrash.mp4

After duplicating one part multiple times and saving the bip file, KeyShot4 crahes when loading the saven bip file.

guest84672

We are aware of the issue with rounded edges and duplicate parts. It will be fixed in the next update.

KeyShot

You can obtain a beta release by contacting beta@luxion.com. It will be able to load and fix your broken files.