Main Menu

Buffet line

Started by Speedster, May 21, 2013, 07:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

100% SolidWorks geometry, with the tablecloth and riser using the 'nPower Surfacing for SolidWorks' plugin.  Tweaked "Classic Kitchen" HDR, desaturated slightly and warped, as the fill light to provide color and reflections not generated by the geometry, used at 0.650 brightness.  Key lights are three small "can" lights (discs, with only the bottom surfaces mapped), above and in front at a slight angle, with Area Diffuse at 18 watts.  These keys provide the primary lighting and cast the three sharp, clean, shadows, just like they do in the real world. They also provided the small spot reflections.  Slight DOF.  I wanted to do a better job of modeling the riser, but just ran out of time.  Client requested a stronger vignette then I could create in KS, so I did it in FilterForge.

Speaking of real world-  you old-timer "real" studio photographers will appreciate that the three Area Diffuse lights appear to accurately implement the "Inverse Square Law"!  Blows my mind!

Bill G

DriesV

Looking yummy!

Quote from: Speedster on May 21, 2013, 07:07:33 AM
Speaking of real world-  you old-timer "real" studio photographers will appreciate that the three Area Diffuse lights appear to accurately implement the "Inverse Square Law"!  Blows my mind!
Yup, the best thing to happen to KeyShot since V3 if you ask me... :D

EDIT: the V4 lights are really a blessing for interior rendering.

Dries

tsunami

Good looking!well done

guest84672

Very nice - a bit too clean I think. Because those chafing dishes are always scratched up.

Speedster

They are not scratched up in the target high end market-  Semi-Matte Black Porcelain and 24k gold plate.
Bill G