Cannot import from second drive

Started by jeffw, January 06, 2012, 07:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

My PC has two drives. A smaller capacity SSD which is the 'C' drive and used for the OS and programs because it loads faster. The second 'S' drive is a conventional hard drive for file storage because it is cheaper and has larger capacity. The Keyshot 2 program was installed on the 'C' and I kept my Keyshot and CAD files on my 'S' drive. This worked fine and I could import obj files into Keyshot. The same strategy does not work with KS3. I cannot import anything from my 'S' drive. If I bring the files to the 'C' drive then they will import. I finally had to install KS3 to my 'S' drive and now it works. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It would nice to have the option of have your files on a separate drive from the program.

Robb63

Hi Jeff,
I have recently bought a new system with exactly the set up you are describing (smaller SSD as the "C", and a larger conventional drive as the "S"). Only I am not having any of those problems. I have KS3 installed on the C drive and all of the materials (lights, scenes, textures, etc...) that come with KS3 are on the "S" drive with KS3 pointing to them under preferences.
I don't have an answer for your issue, just wanted to let you know it is working properly for someone else.

Best of luck!

youknowwho4eva

What OS are you using? May be an Administrative permissions issue?

jeffw

I am running Window 7 64 bit.

There is no problem in accessing the support files like environment and materials from another drive by pointing to them in preferences. My problem
was only with importing from a drive different than the program. Anyway having reinstalled to 'S' drive it is working now.

Thanks,

Jeff