Keyshot HDR Editor vs HDR Light Studio

Started by MichaelSesto, June 05, 2012, 04:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelSesto

Great June Webinar once again by the Keyshot Team. It was mentioned that Luxion is not working to compete with someone like HDR Light Studio but the HDR editor seems to do quite a bit. I am waiting for the Mac OSX version of HDR LS and have only looked at the video presentations - it come in a a steep price! Can someone with the experience in using both the methods explain some good reasons why the addition of HDR Light Studio would be a welcomed addition to the Keyshot workflow (that outweighs the cost factor) You need a well modeled object, but the lighting is so critical and can make or break the project. Cheers!

quigley

I've got Keyshot Pro and HDR Lightstudio pro as well. I use both for making lighting adjustments.

HDR Lightstudio is best when you are starting from scratch and creating a studio environment for your product shot - very easy, very quick.
Keyshot's in built editor is great when you want to quickly edit the colour/tint/saturation of a stock HDRI image, and maybe add a few point highlights. You can do this in HDR Light Studio as well.

The forthcoming version of HDR Lightstudo has some very nice new features though (aside from the Mac version) such as the ability to "paint" the highlights onto the objects (or at least that is the analogy I can think of - it is not "quite" like that).