Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Nico!! That looks totally awesome to me but for one thing, drop the digits to planes instead of solids so it looks like projected numerals on glass/plastic.

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Looks awesome Nico!

+1 to Martins comment about the digits. And they seem a bit violentily saturated/flat. Or is it just my screen? Besides from that: Superb.

NM-92

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. The digits are planes indeed, but they are offset a bit to stand out for the glass. I'm not happy with the overall material so i'll think how can i rework it. And yes, Magnus, they're extremely saturated :P

Hossein Alfideh

Will Gibbons

Looks quite good. I think the model is stronger than the rendering at this point, but if you've got good geo (which looks like you do), you can improve the rendering. I especially like the wires... I never am happy when it comes time to try and model wires and cables. There's never a great way to do it and make them look super natural. Always a lot of fuss IMO.

I think with the digits... can you move those onto the other side of the glass? I think that would help a lot. I don't mind the saturation (as that happens in real life) as long as they're an emissive material and you get some bloom on them. I think it'd help sell it.

NM-92

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on March 02, 2017, 06:20:20 AM
Insane work dude! \,,/

Thanks Hossein !
Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 02, 2017, 06:35:44 AM
Looks quite good. I think the model is stronger than the rendering at this point, but if you've got good geo (which looks like you do), you can improve the rendering. I especially like the wires... I never am happy when it comes time to try and model wires and cables. There's never a great way to do it and make them look super natural. Always a lot of fuss IMO.

I think with the digits... can you move those onto the other side of the glass? I think that would help a lot. I don't mind the saturation (as that happens in real life) as long as they're an emissive material and you get some bloom on them. I think it'd help sell it.

I've applied a texture to the emissive material and moved them inside the glass. I think it's looking better already but there's something missing yet.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Looks a bit better indeed! I still think it's a wee bit blown. Would you be able to do a subtle gradient masking effect to each..umh..letter "pole". Not sure if you get that.

Take this ref photo: https://cdn.shutterstock.com/shutterstock/videos/2819770/thumb/1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:72)

It seems a typical visual apperance on these kind of lights has a gradient effect emerging from various positions (close to center) of each source.

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on March 02, 2017, 06:56:54 AM
Looks a bit better indeed! I still think it's a wee bit blown. Would you be able to do a subtle gradient masking effect to each..umh..letter "pole". Not sure if you get that.

Take this ref photo: https://cdn.shutterstock.com/shutterstock/videos/2819770/thumb/1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:72)

It seems a typical visual apperance on these kind of lights has a gradient effect emerging from various positions (close to center) of each source.

Getting there now. I tried to fake that effect.

Will Gibbons

Definitely nicer there... I think the yellow LED and the translucent (if that's what it is) white object above the glass on the left need some work. Everything else is looking nice... Somebody has some super-greasy hands... maybe a villain called (literally) butter-fingers? Maybe could tone the smudges down a tad. Really nice details here!

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 03, 2017, 07:12:06 AM
Definitely nicer there... I think the yellow LED and the translucent (if that's what it is) white object above the glass on the left need some work. Everything else is looking nice... Somebody has some super-greasy hands... maybe a villain called (literally) butter-fingers? Maybe could tone the smudges down a tad. Really nice details here!

Check. I duplicated my green LED (I liked that one) and replaced that for the yellow one and then changed the color. The white object is a translucent material indeed. I added some color variation to that one to break the uniformity, and finally i decreased a bit the smudges in the glass. This is a screen capture using interior mode, i think it renders better this way. Thanks for the comments Will.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Indeed, that looks much better! Well done mate!

Despot

Wow, those images are well, err, Dynamite... ;)

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on March 06, 2017, 04:47:51 AM
Indeed, that looks much better! Well done mate!

Quote from: Despot on March 06, 2017, 06:15:08 AM
Wow, those images are well, err, Dynamite... ;)

Thanks guys. I'll be making some final images when i have the time. Appreciate the help. Glad to see you again in the forums, John.

Will Gibbons

Nice, man! Lots going on there. Very cool.

Hossein Alfideh

Damn Nico!I love the progress of the scene!looks really nice and awesome.