Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Nice attention to detail on those textures!

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 26, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
Nice attention to detail on those textures!

Thank you Will!

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 26, 2017, 12:14:41 AM
I love(!) the graffiti stains and drops runing down! Is this single decals/labels?

Special shoutout to Esben here. I remembered he had a video exolaining how to put a graffiti on a statue. I just applied his technique here. Every graffiti here is a separate label.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ahh, gonna have to check that one out. Loving the spray/droplet look.

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 26, 2017, 08:59:59 AM
Ahh, gonna have to check that one out. Loving the spray/droplet look.

Thanks! It's easy to get carried away and fill the image with leaking paint though :P.  I had to erase a few of them even though i thought it looked ok.

Josh3D

Haha! Absolutely love it. Very creative man. Well done.

NM-92

Thank you man. I've sent this one for printing. I can't wait to see it finished on my wall :P

NM-92

Quite sad that i couldn't win anything in the contest, but at least i got my print ! Not quite an amazing shot, but it looks awesome.

NM-92

Hello agaiiin. This is like, the most famous glue in my country. I decided to take a shot at it (extremely dramatic for a glue by the way). Modeled in Rhinoceros.

Cheers !

NM-92

New quick scene. Just some fittings modeled in Solidworks. Found a way to simulate some particles floating around with the help of opacity maps and some DoF. Works quite well for these kind of floating shots. Hope you like it !

Cheers.

NM-92

These practice scenes keep going on ! This time i modeled a NES Controller in Rhinoceros. That cable was pretty tough to get right, but i think it turned out decent. High res image so view in full res to appreciate the textures ! Cheers forum.

Josh3D

Oooo, yeah, that cord plastic looks great. Well done Nico!

NM-92

Thank you Josh ! It was a pain to model that cord though :P

Will Gibbons

The wound cable looks great! Only thought is that the controller would be heavy enough to pull the cord almost straight. I like the close-up of the wound cable the best. I know these can be a challenge to model!

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 27, 2017, 08:21:49 AM
The wound cable looks great! Only thought is that the controller would be heavy enough to pull the cord almost straight. I like the close-up of the wound cable the best. I know these can be a challenge to model!

Thank you Will. I've noticed the weight thingy just after like 40 min of tweaking the cable curve and avoiding almost all interferences, so, as you imagine, changing that wasn't at my plans lol.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: NM-92 on November 28, 2017, 02:54:38 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 27, 2017, 08:21:49 AM

Thank you Will. I've noticed the weight thingy just after like 40 min of tweaking the cable curve and avoiding almost all interferences, so, as you imagine, changing that wasn't at my plans lol.

100% I've been there. Hahaha