Previous topic - Next topic

peterC

It would be great if KeyShot could render both subdivision surfaces
and NURBS geometry. More efficient than having to create huge
polly counts.

Instances would also be very cool.

PeterC

Zander85

I need to render models that have been modeled in Matrix. These models are all nurbs and I need a good way to convert these models into polygons (quads specifically) so that I can import them into z-brush, subdivide them and smooth the edges. I am desperately looking for a possible solution. I have tried every trick in the book. Is there a pipeline that I am unfamiliar with or is there anyone on this forum that converts nurbs to polys for the purposes of creating finalized models for renders?

I have just experimented with 3d coat today and I wasn't even able to use their auto topology tools because you need the model to be converted to voxels first and when I export the model from matrix as an obj it still has nightmare geometry. :'(

elliasp

I understand you guys...

I have to model in lightwave to have quadrangle models, I have to import it in VUE because keyshot doesn't keep all layers and doesn't support Lightwave format, attribute colors and
import again in Keyshot.

Sometimes I also have to use C4D to convert OBJ to FBX and keep all parts of a model in LW.

.... Yes, this is a nightmare.

But it's not in a renderer app we can find a solution to this problem.

In a renderer app, we could find a way to import a lot of different format and some tools to enhance polygons (For exemple : keep all parts of a model, a "surface smooth or not" option, and more tools in this way...)

Oh, I almost forget :  :'(

+++
F

m2tts

Let's be clear that ALL Nurbs geometry is converted to a polygonal mesh for any graphics display. You're not really looking at the nurbs surfaces themselves when your'e modeling, but the cad's software's render-mesh for that object. This is what the graphics card processes. Nurbs are the underlying math that describes the curves and surfaces.