Save View actually save everything related to camera and model

Started by Speedster, June 01, 2011, 06:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

What I think we all would like to see, hopefully in the upcoming KS3, is for the "Save (camera) View" command actually save everything related to the camera settings.  All camera positions, focal length, etc.,  but most important, position of the model.

I often save a camera view or two, but then have to move the model for some reason, usually a rotation.  If I then save that view, and then go back to a previous save, of course the model has not "moved back" to its original position.  I then have to repositin the model by numerical input, which oddly enough, does not return it to position.

Also, if you use the "Move Object" command via the trackball, something happens that prevents returning to .000, or whatever, using the numerical input.  Many times I've had to start over in a new .bip to get back to where I started.

Bill G

jeffw

Also another frustration is that when you lock the camera, save the file and reopen it, it is no longer locked. All other views and settings are saved so why not the locked setting. It doesn't say lock for this session only.

Ed

I agree with both comments below.  And you could always add a preferences setting if you only want to save the camera, but not the model position.  But like Bill, I often save the camera several times when adjusting the scene so I can always go back.  Saving all camera settings + model position + environment settings (perhaps with check boxes to include) would be great as you would not need to save out multiple bips.

Ed

guest84672