Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn

Quote from: edwardo on June 16, 2015, 08:00:58 AM
your coffee bubbles do it for me  ::)
I noticed those too :D

Are those geometry or a texture, Magnus?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks guys!

I'll probably disappoint you, Arn, but it is a texture map. Would be nice to be able to generate such geometry though :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Some more KS6 renders. Focused on the material graph and metals.

Model is a Yamaha XS650 Engine grabbed from https://grabcad.com/library/yamaha-xs650-engine-1 (great model by the user Rex)

TpwUK

They look pretty darn cool - Nicely done Magnus

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on June 30, 2015, 02:42:16 AM
They look pretty darn cool - Nicely done Magnus

Martin

Thank you, Martin.

Esben Oxholm

Boom! Very cool magnus! You are getting sharp!

richardfunnell

Holy crap Magnus, those are looking *awesome*! With all the grime, textures, and material detail, it would be really nice to see them in context (like on a shop bench?). Maybe that's why the closeup works so well for me, it looks like a picture taken right in that scene :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on June 30, 2015, 06:26:36 AM
Boom! Very cool magnus! You are getting sharp!

Thanks Esben! Your great input along the way has really helped.

Quote from: richardfunnell on June 30, 2015, 07:00:03 AM
Holy crap Magnus, those are looking *awesome*! With all the grime, textures, and material detail, it would be really nice to see them in context (like on a shop bench?). Maybe that's why the closeup works so well for me, it looks like a picture taken right in that scene :)

Thanks a lot Richard! Appreciate that. Also, a very good idea, just need a proper backplate, or maybe just model something if I find the time. Maybe to test out the interior setting as well. Might be a bit ambitious to model something like that though..

Magnus Skogsfjord

Alright, made an effort to give the engine another go within a more grimey worn down stage as suggested by Richard here. KeyShot 6 beta renders.

TpwUK

Love the engine leaning on the wall, some scratch roughness will finish that off nicely ;)

Martin

richardfunnell

Man, that shot agains the wall is *killer*!! Awesome :)

I keep many images handy during training sessions to show different techniques & styles, and it will be nice to be able to show this image and watch some jaws drop :D Great work!!!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on July 23, 2015, 01:10:49 PM
Love the engine leaning on the wall, some scratch roughness will finish that off nicely ;)

Martin

Thanks Martin. That's a good idea, I'll play around with some more labels to see if I can't rough up some patches.

Quote from: richardfunnell on July 23, 2015, 02:35:15 PM
Man, that shot agains the wall is *killer*!! Awesome :)

I keep many images handy during training sessions to show different techniques & styles, and it will be nice to be able to show this image and watch some jaws drop :D Great work!!!

Thanks man! I really appreciate that! :) It's always much fun when/if you're able to drop some jaws

Despot

I really like the 'scene' render, I almost like the fuel cans as much as the engine...

Lovely texture work Magnus

J

E.Sirbu

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thank you both MetalMaster and E.Sirbu. I'm glad you liked it :)