Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Very cool work Magnus!
I love the ground alot!I havent tried VR myself yet but sounds fun!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 26, 2017, 04:04:16 AM
Very cool work Magnus!
I love the ground alot!I havent tried VR myself yet but sounds fun!
Thank you Hossein! Nice to hear from you. Yes, VR is quite fun!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Impressing stuff on the forums lately. Been having a lot of client work lately, so I haven't been able to share anything, nor have any time working on personal projects unfortunately (and fortunately).

However, did a quick one today I got permission to share. Nothing complex, but a nice looking railing design from Græsdal (Graesdal for you non-scandinavians) Glass which I'm having a one day KeyShot course for tomorrow. Modeled in Solid Edge by Græsdal.

Edit: Uploading a toon mix into the party here as well. Richard Funnel had some really nice looking examples on his instagram, so I wanted to pursue the technique. However, I'm struggling a wee bit to get those crisp looking lines. They always seem to get a wee bit noisy. Any tips out there?

bdesign

Superb shot, Magnus! Highly realistic! Love it :)

Cheers,
Eric

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 16, 2017, 02:17:35 AM
...unfortunately (and fortunately).
Ha, know that feeling. Kinda frustrating but also good  8)

Not sure if it is just me, but I think that there is something about the view angle in relation to the backplate. Looks like the balcony is slightly tilted.
Minor thing. The rest looks tasty as usual.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: bdesign on February 16, 2017, 02:35:22 AM
Superb shot, Magnus! Highly realistic! Love it :)

Cheers,
And cheers right back at your ever positive and kind words Eric! :)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 16, 2017, 02:50:26 AM
Ha, know that feeling. Kinda frustrating but also good  8)
Exactly!

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 16, 2017, 02:50:26 AM
Not sure if it is just me, but I think that there is something about the view angle in relation to the backplate. Looks like the balcony is slightly tilted.
Minor thing. The rest looks tasty as usual.
You're not wrong at all. Was a hasty job this one, so the backplate is actually just the HDRI, hence is why it looks a bit funny/warped (bloody keen eyes attached to your skull).  There is an additional minor mishap there as well, which may be noticed. We'll see. Thanks!

NM-92

Those plants are really cute ! Good one Magnus.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on February 16, 2017, 03:29:12 AM
Those plants are really cute ! Good one Magnus.

hah, aren't they? "Please, don't mind us". Cheers Nicolas :)

bdesign

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 16, 2017, 03:10:13 AMThere is an additional minor mishap there as well, which may be noticed. We'll see. Thanks!
Would you perhaps be referring to the "safety hazard" of their being no railing around the rest of the deck off camera, as divulged by reflection?  ;)

Cheers,
Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: bdesign on February 16, 2017, 03:36:32 AM
Would you perhaps be referring to the "safety hazard" of their being no railing around the rest of the deck off camera, as divulged by reflection?  ;)
Ding ding! That's the one! Nothing goes unnoticed here, it's just a matter of time. Would probably have improved it to have a reflection of a building there. Oh well, if they decide to hire my services for other than a course I might spend time to add that:)

TpwUK

QuoteThere is an additional minor mishap there as well, which may be noticed. We'll see.
Would that be no screws for the glass retainers ?
I don't mind seeing errors/mistakes when you're experimenting trying to find a certain look. I think the tone difference between glass and sky is particularly good. Good effort Magnus.

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on February 16, 2017, 03:49:37 AM
Would that be no screws for the glass retainers ?
I don't mind seeing errors/mistakes when you're experimenting trying to find a certain look. I think the tone difference between glass and sky is particularly good. Good effort Magnus.
Ah, yes, the screws. This one kinda bugged me a bit when I noticed. But ah well, I'm thinking the same which you mention here. It's all about giving them a peek/inspiration, so I guess some minor "errors" aren't gonna be a big deal :)

Thanks though Martin!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi again,

Just a quick one for a slow Sunday. Practicing arctic renders for an upcoming client. Geometry is scanned from turbosquid.

bdesign

Awesome, Magnus! The snow/ice looks great. Love it :)

Cheers,
Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: bdesign on February 19, 2017, 12:14:46 PM
Awesome, Magnus! The snow/ice looks great. Love it :)
Thank you, Eric!:)