Keyshot 5 crashing + Network rendering freezing (NOW FIXED!!!)

Started by emcglade, September 17, 2014, 12:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emcglade

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, My first problem is I have just upgraded from Keyshot 4 to Keyshot 5 and when I upload one of my files I created on Keyshot 4 on the new version it seems to crash after about 10 seconds from uploading. I have tried various files and they all do the same.

My second problem is I also bought network rendering (32 core) in the thought that I could hook the rest of the other computers up in the office over night and set a queue for renders and come back in the morning to them finished. The problem with this is the network programme freezes a couple of minutes into the first render (mainly animations). I have messed around with changing my core usage on my computer (as a slave) but nothing seems to work.

My computer spec:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K cpu @ 3.50 GHz
RAM: 16GB
System: 64 BIT

Other computers in the office used for the network rendering are mainly i5 4 core processors.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

emcglade

Okay I have fixed Keyshot 5 crashing problem.

Basically I un-installed keyshot 5 and got rid of anything keyshot on the computer then re-installed everything. I now always have at least 1 core left free i.e (I have 8 core PC) if I'm only using keyshot I will only let it use 7 cores or if i am using keyshot plus the network render I will let keyshot use 5 cores and the network render use 2 cores (I obviously have the other slaves working away bringing it to around 31 core), I have found that any less than 4 cores keyshot can't cope especially with higher quailty work. I also put it on the performance mode aswell in the keyshot programme.

I am however still having unconsistent problems with the network render where it is freezing when rendering. It seems to have a higher chance of freezing when there is a queue.

Again any help would be appreciated!

emcglade

Okay after spending 2 days trying to figure this out I think I've fixed the freezing of the network rendering as well. It seems that if you use the full 32 core capacity of the network renderer to do your renders it freezes ( In my case anyway), I read somewhere it's to do with overloading the threads on that programme or something, so I have dropped it to 25 cores and it seems to work fine. I can also queue other renders aswell. A bit annoying after paying for 32 cores I can actually only use 25 but it's getting the job done I suppose.

Does anyone else that has the 32 core network rendering programme able to use the full 32 core limit without any problems?

emcglade

Bergkatse

Also having issues with KS5 crashing.  Keyshot 4 was rock solid!  What happened Luxion??  Going back to KS4 for now.  Not happy.

emcglade

Got a reply from Keyshot and got an update for both Keyshot 5 and the Network Render.

I'm now running keyshot 5.1 BETA Pro and Network Renderer 5.1.27.

I've now been using it all day for one and a half days and everything seems to be running fine now.

Napapiiri

I would love to get the link to the beta as well.

We have 2 floating licenses in our company and I just recommended to everybody in the team to stop using keyshot for the moment.
We need to get work done here and a crap software doesn't really help :((

thomasteger

KeyShot 5.1 has been released along with updated network rendering. Network rendering is much more robust now.