Main Menu

Safe Space

Started by Speedster, November 12, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Sometimes you just have to work out your frustrations...
Bill G

Angelo

Angelo

wait is that the constitution?

Speedster

Yes, it's the Constitution of the United States of America, the foundation document of our democracy, upon which we have placed our trust and fortunes, is the basis of our law, and has been defended for over 240 years.

As for the safety pin- search "Safety Pin" and you will understand my not too subtle statement.  Or simply go to http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/people-are-wearing-safety-pins-to-protest-trump-and-signal-that-theyre-a-safe-space/

Bill G

Angelo

Quote from: Speedster on November 12, 2016, 11:31:16 AM
Yes, it's the Constitution of the United States of America, the foundation document of our democracy, upon which we have placed our trust and fortunes, is the basis of our law, and has been defended for over 240 years.

As for the safety pin- search "Safety Pin" and you will understand my not too subtle statement.  Or simply go to http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/people-are-wearing-safety-pins-to-protest-trump-and-signal-that-theyre-a-safe-space/

Bill G
funny how the butthurt ones are wearing that pin but they are the ones causing the violence, temper tantrum cry babies need to hold up their diapers because of how much trump scares the living shit out of them, for no reason whatsoever because he huwt their wittle feewings, how fitting.

TpwUK

Quote from: Speedster on November 12, 2016, 11:31:16 AM

Bill G

Don't fret Bill, the last time you had someone who was clueless about politics was RR and that turned out to be one of the most prosperous periods in US history, if it don't go well though the US has the healthy reputation of ousting Presidents with a bang.

Martin

Speedster

Don't fret Bill, the last time you had someone who was clueless about politics was RR
So true.  I worked for his campaign and voted for him.  Great man.  Trump is no Reagan...

At least we wear our safety pins above the belt.

Bill G

TpwUK

Quote from: Speedster on November 12, 2016, 01:49:51 PM
So true.  I worked for his campaign and voted for him.  Great man.  Trump is no Reagan...

At least we wear our safety pins above the belt.

Bill G

Your constitution is safe Bill, not like ours in the UK, somewhere along the lines we let every Hungerford and others dictate our rights to a point where the majority of the population have no idea that they have the right to bare arms and to over throw tyranny, our constitution dates back to the Magna Carta but we allowed ours to be chipped away and buried by legislation over decades and by not teaching it to our kids and for what it was meant for. We now have leaders that don't want the population to know, a police force that is more 'force' than service, and a population of youngsters that don't care as long as they can spend wildly and freely, leaving us ageing members to become totally disillusioned and disconnected with our politicians and what our place is in society. The 50+ (to which I belong)  age groups have allowed this happen. I even remember as a child at school we had assembly and said the Lords Prayer .... This is no more, religion is no longer taught in my local schools. No respect for elders, no respect for fallen heroes etc etc .... We allowed it to happen because we became too quiet, we allowed successive governments to bully and bleed us dry via taxes and petty laws that are nothing but extra revenue generators or stealth taxes I could go on and on but my views get more controversial so I had best keep stum and say nothing .... after all that's what we are good at, wouldn't want to offend anyone and be politically incorrect would we.

Martin

NormanHadley

Nice render, Bill.

Any chance you guys could repeal the 22nd amendment some time between now and January?

Yours in hope...

Speedster

QuoteAny chance you guys could repeal the 22nd amendment some time between now and January?
I've never been a fan of the 22nd Amendment, which sets a two-term limit on the president and vice-president.  The voters are really good at setting term limits- if he (or she, someday) is no good, throw them out!

I'm opposed to term limits at all state and federal levels for the same reason.  But also because of the ungodly cost of election campaigns.  Many years ago I was having lunch with a good friend, one of our two U. S. Senators from New Mexico.  We were discussing the role of special interests and campaign funding, and he mentioned that, starting on day one, he had to raise a minimum of $50,000 A DAY for reelection! And NM is a small state!  I have long lobbied for a six-year term (no limits) on the presidency, and retaining the existing six-year for the Senate, again without limits.  I also support a four-year term (rather than the existing insane two-year) for Congress, again without term limits.  Give them a chance to settle into the office, get some time under their belt, and prove their worth.  Then let the voters decide whether to "term them out"!

But above all, I support "Gender Parity" in the U. S. Senate, which I drafted and have been working on promoting for two years now.  Women comprise 50% of the population, yet have only 20 serving in the Senate, out of 100.  The Senate is the "State's House", with Congress being the "Peoples House".  So I feel the Senate should represent the actuality of the population.  Besides, women don't like to go to war as quickly!

But enough of politics on our forum!  It will work out, as it always has.  I simply wanted to use KeyShot to create an image that represents a "Safe Place", and if our Constitution is not a Safe Place, then nothing is...

Bill G

Angelo

"Besides, women don't like to go to war as quickly!"

Should i remind you who was poking the russian bear?

Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton.

there you go.

Speedster

Quotethere you go.
So true- a real hawk!
Bill G