Some recent examples

Started by jet1990, October 13, 2015, 04:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

Hi all what do you think of some render tests? i cant wait for keyshot 6 to come out as im trying to perfect interior archviz shots.

TpwUK

The new interior lighting preset makes interiors so much easier you will have a blast, and judging by your renders you will achieve that extra level of realism that you are seeking :)

Martin

Josh3D

The mic looks great and Martin is right, you'll appreciate the interior mode in KeyShot 6. Great work on that wood material in the last one.

Will Gibbons

Your interior with the TV on the wall looks pretty good/accurate. I'd only suggest trying to add some more interesting objects. I find it useful to refer to catalog magazines. Take for instance, an Ikea or CB2 or Crate & Barrel catalog, flip till you find something you like and try re-creating it. They have nice compositions and interesting shots usually.

jet1990

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on October 13, 2015, 06:14:23 PM
Your interior with the TV on the wall looks pretty good/accurate. I'd only suggest trying to add some more interesting objects. I find it useful to refer to catalog magazines. Take for instance, an Ikea or CB2 or Crate & Barrel catalog, flip till you find something you like and try re-creating it. They have nice compositions and interesting shots usually.

Thanks! whenever i attempt interiors i end up getting really frustrated because i always seem to encounter the usual obstacles ( spotting on materials whether it's a glossy or matt finish) and i can never quite figure out how to get rid of it. My render settings are quite high and tweaking things like GI doesnt seem to go away.

Will Gibbons

I hear you. I'm not sure if KS6 is better at reducing artifacts like that. I think it may be. I run into that sometimes depending on the material. Do you know how to increase the samples of the individual material? That's usually a good way to reduce artifacts. I try to bump mine up to around 12 samples. Also, not sure of your render settings, but I tend to always render at 'maximum samples' and set it to 400-700 depending on the complexity of the scene an how much light/reflective materials it has. See if any of that helps. Also, I usually queue my renderings up and let them run over night as to not spend all day waiting for the machine to do its work.

theAVator

I like the microphone, great DOF use!

I also like the interior with the TV for some reason. It's so simple looking, but there's a lot of feeling/emotion/anxiety coming out of it.

Not a huge fan of the bright shiny feet on the tubs. When I think of tubs like that, I always think of real brassy, gnarled, tarnished feet.

Great examples overall!

syrom

I would like to see more good attempts at archviz Luke the couch one you made.  I typically use vray and maxwell and get incredible renders. In trying to see how far i could push with this render. Main complaint for me is,  once you loaf a very complex interior scene, it shows the interactive window.  And the lack of wireframe view .