Main Menu

Sci-Fi

Started by princedragoncok, September 10, 2012, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princedragoncok

Some conceptual images of a sci-fi Guinness factory. The floating pods grow hops and barley as plant-life cannot be sustained on land any more. Modelled in sketchup, photomatched, rendered in keyshot and complied together in photoshop. Comments and suggestions welcome, although I don't think I'll be revisiting this project any time soon.

Raw reference photo

Guinness Factory overview - colour

Guinness Factory overview - b&w

Armada - a collection of trading vessels assembled together in the ocean (Huge KS file - over 1gb)

Raw reference photo photomatched in sketchup

Loose pods in the ocean

Earlier concept fluffy barley pod

Life on the assembled pods

guest84672

Princedragoncok - how long has it been? Welcome to the KeyShot forum.

Excellent work - reminds me of some your old HyperShot stuff you posted way back in the day. Keep it coming!

Speedster

Fantastic concept and effort!  Man, I am SO thirsty all of a sudden!
Bill G

kana

j aime bien le 6 eme rendu , ;)

EGON

I really enjoyed looking at this. Nice work!

Josh3D

Really nice and welcome. Happy to see your work!

princedragoncok

Cheers for all the nice comments. Thomas it's been a while indeed, awesome to see how far ks has come since the hs days. One thing I do miss however is the ability to export current view/camera from sketchup with the plugin. Apart from that everything else is so easy and powerful compared to other renderers

The Armada image is a true testament to keyshot's power though as it required 6 different exports from sketchup due to the fact that sketchup could only handle so many boats at a time.. Amazingly, ks also recognised the reference points I had made in sketchup to place the groups of boats, so the whole thing came together very quickly too - extremely useful for anyone considering masterplanning..

Chad Holton

feher

Great work !!!!!
I can see all of those in a coffee table book.
The longer you look at them the more you see.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Dylan

Nice work. I live near the Guinness brewery in Dublin, I wish it looks like yours.