The Movies Render Vault

Started by NM-92, January 02, 2017, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I love this movie and the characters in it. Message is strong.
So I found them in Lego form and created this image.
Enjoy
Tim

TpwUK

NM-92

It's really nice to see you participating in this thread Tim , thanks for sharing ! As for the render, i love the light beam on the plant.

Will Gibbons

Oh! That Wall-e is awesome. Great idea Tim!

bdesign

Excellent render, Tim! Exceptional lighting technique, as always :)

Cheers,
Eric

leonardo reis

my contribution, mr. anderson...

NM-92

Cool to see another Matrix render ! Love the character and lighting. I'd reduce the brightness in the background image though so he can stand out.

Bruce27

My new contribution to this wonderful topic: my new creation is the legendary Eddie Murphy Beverly Hills Cop... IV! ;D

NM-92

After a creative block, i figured out what to do for this thread. I think this scene is fantastic, and was very fun to create in 3D. I used Blender and a soft body sim to achieve the floor deformation with a downloaded human head model. My pc almost exploded doing this. I'm uploading a reference image of the scene and the final render. Hope you like it !  :D

Will Gibbons

Nice work. I have to say, I think yours is more realistic from a material/texture standpoint. Only concern is the angle your light is pointed at and the shininess of the floor makes it hard to tell it's a face. I think with some tweaking, yours would be better than the original.

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 14, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
Nice work. I have to say, I think yours is more realistic from a material/texture standpoint. Only concern is the angle your light is pointed at and the shininess of the floor makes it hard to tell it's a face. I think with some tweaking, yours would be better than the original.

Thanks Will. Unfortunately the shilouette of the face isn't perfectly defined because i needed to add a lot of extra polygons to increase the accurracy of the simulation and mi computer couldn't handle it. Regarding the glossy effect on the material, i must say it's very difficult to control on that particular area without affecting others or losing detail. The extra waviness on that sector causes the model to catch a lot more light and reflections. Here is another angle of this scene with minor changes applied to the metallic part (it is now covering a reduced portion of the face).

Will Gibbons

Oh, I see what you mean. I should have known that you'd have already considered what I was suggesting. I know the feeling. Some scenes prove more challenging than others!

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 16, 2017, 07:32:54 AM
Oh, I see what you mean. I should have known that you'd have already considered what I was suggesting. I know the feeling. Some scenes prove more challenging than others!

It's good to struggle from time to time though. It can really test your nerves :P

Will Gibbons

Quote from: NM-92 on February 16, 2017, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 16, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

It's good to struggle from time to time though. It can really test your nerves :P

100%. It's where growth comes from!

Bruce27

A tribute to Jurassic Park ;D