Camera and Environment disappeared when reopen the file

Started by Tatyana, March 19, 2018, 06:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatyana

Hi,
I am a new user of a Keyshot7.
I had created model and multiple camera animations, and added environment, lighting. The files had been saved.
When I reopen the file again there were no cameras and lightning? The main screen was black and I could see the  model/part animation only in geometry view.
What I did wrong? How I need to save file to keep all settings?
Thanks, Tatyana

Tatyana

Do I need to "save package" instead of "save as" to keep all settings?

Will Gibbons

Hi Tatyana, sorry for the late reply. What you described does not sound like usual behavior. My guess is your camera is actually inside your model making everything look black. Could that be?

You should not have anything disappearing on you if you use a Save as opposed to Save Package.

satrius

I had the same problem last year and accidentally sorted it.

Now I am facing that again......

satrius

Report:

It gives me a message of missing environment and cameras. I see there are no cameras at all. Not even the FREE one. All gone ...
Last time i imported another model with its own cameras and environment - that worked at the time. It is not working now.

I ended up importing my file into a newly created environment, all good and I have the animations - survived, but my Saved cameras are still missing so I had to create new ones (as close as possible to the originals) in order to export animations.

Satrius
:o

INNEO_MWo

That doesn't sound like regular working of the application. Cause cameras as well environments are embedded in the scene. So I would uninstall and re-install KeyShot on the latest version (7.3.40).

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco