Some KeyShot 7 beta images

Started by Speedster, July 23, 2017, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all!

Well, the countdown clock has begun to the eminent drop of KeyShot 7, and we've been given permission to begin posting teaser images!  Below are a few of mine, and I invite my beta bros to add theirs here, or post their own threads.

Remember when you were a kid, playing in the sandbox with your new toys?  Well, KeyShot 7 is like that, but in spades.  Reminds me of when I was a rather hyperactive five year old (65 years ago!), and my mom told me "Billy, stop running in circles or I'll nail your other foot to the floor!"  SO many new toys!

Seriously, KeyShot 7 is a seminal moment in the Luxion development history.  As a nine-year user, it's like comparing a toy red wagon to a Ferrari!  For those who may have missed it, you can see their excellent preview at https://www.keyshot.com/resources/learning/webinars/.  But it's only the tip of the iceberg- the real depth is "down below", and worthy of a full length movie.

The all new UI is elegant and clean, as befits a polished professional app.  Some of us old pharts resisted it at first, but hey, it's like great sex- easy to get used to!

So...  all in SolidWorks

1)   1960's Front Engine Dragster.  Accurate Metals, heavy tweaks in the AWESOME new HDR Editor.

2)   Collection of Southwestern Native American style bracelets.  Accurate Gold and Silver. Accurate Zinc on the ground plane, with the Anodizing option enabled and Film Refractive Index tweaked for tonal color and quality.  This will be a very used tool!  Also uses Stacked bump maps.  Rendered using the new "Jewelry" option, which has become my go-to for many non-jewelry images.

3)  Medical Device, again with Accurate Metals and tweaked HDR.

4)  "Skull".  Cloudy Plastic with internal Emissive lighting.  HDR brightness set at zero.

We're all proud to have been involved in the beta testing program, and I know KeyShot 7 will shake up the CG industry!

Bill G

pizzalover2

Is there an official date when keyshot 7 is released? I think they said at the end of this month (july).

Will Gibbons

Quote from: pizzalover2 on July 24, 2017, 03:50:57 AM
Is there an official date when keyshot 7 is released? I think they said at the end of this month (july).

We're still squashing bugs. Don't want to ship a product that's not a pleasure to work with, so sorry for the later-than-expected release. It should be very soon.