Eames Chair in KeyShot 7

Started by Speedster, August 06, 2017, 01:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Well, it's a lazy Sunday morning here in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with a bright blue sky, rising thunderheads and 84 degrees.

My choice today was clean the garage and plant two trees, or play in the KeyShot 7 sandbox.

So here's a new render of my old Eames Chair, and the garage will have to wait until mañana.  Mañana here means "maybe tomorrow, maybe not tomorrow".  But I'm taking a break planting the trees to post this!

Three IES lights and a custom HDR, created from scratch in the awesome new HDR Editor, and set at a very low brightness to act only as a fill, not prime, light source.  New Procedural Leather, Accurate Chrome with a tweak of anodizing.  Rendered 3000 wide using Interior mode for thirty minutes on 30 cores.

KeyShot 7 is a game changer IMO!

Bill G

Will Gibbons

Josh3D

My sixth favorite chair design of all time ;-) Looks great Bill - but a tad dark! Not quite matching that bright blue New Mexico sky!

jhiker

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 07, 2017, 10:36:50 AM
My sixth favorite chair design of all time ;-) Looks great Bill - but a tad dark! Not quite matching that bright blue New Mexico sky!
OK Josh - name the other five...
Arne Jacobsen 3107..?
Barcelona..?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jhiker on August 09, 2017, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: Josh Mings on August 07, 2017, 10:36:50 AM
OK Josh - name the other five...
Arne Jacobsen 3107..?
Barcelona..?

I know this is near the top of Josh's list https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Folding-Chair/39577488

Josh3D

Lol, you know it :) Have a few of those. Certainly more economical than an Eames. Spot on with the Barcelona though. My top 10 Modern...

Barcelona - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Fan - John Ford
Contour - Vladimir Kagen
Orange Slice - Pierre Paulin
Pearsall Lounge Chair - Adrian Pearsall
Eames Lounge Chair - Charles and Ray Eames
Synergistic Synthesis XVII Sub B1 - Kenneth Smythe
Sawbuck - Hans J. Wegner
Chieftains - Finn Juhl
Illion  - My design :)

You?

Bill, where did you snag that model?

mattjgerard

My minds eye keeps adding an older dude with a grey speckled beard in a thick winter cardigan smoking a pipe in front of a wall of books and a fireplace.