My First Render Upload- Hand Drill

Started by ShubhamShah, December 03, 2016, 02:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShubhamShah

Hey, this Shubham Shah. I am a Newbie. I was introduced to Rendering few months back and since then I am in love with it. I learnt about Keyshot from a friend and started from scratch. A few months of learning and I have come up with this rendering. I got the model from GrabCAD. Hope that this  is good. I know I have to learn a lot lot lot more..but this is just the start. I hope to receive feedback to help improve my renders. Do reply if you LIKE or HAVE AN ADVICE FOR ME......THANK YOU :) :) :)

ShubhamShah

Version 2.0...an improved render

ShubhamShah

My first ever customized backplate...just a try... ;) ;) ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

It's a decent start!

Since you start out in such a humble way, I'll try to pick out what (in my eyes) can be improved. The first thing I notice is the plastic which currently is too shiny, making it look like a toy rather than sturdy hardware. By taking a quick look at a reference picture (http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/459231/BlackDecker_ReturnToWork.jpg), you can see that the material is much less glossy, and with some subtle texturing. Increasing roughness and a subtle plastic bump map should do it to begin with.

Secondly, I think the brushed material seems a bit too shiny as well. Maybe roughen that up as well.

I like the subtle DoF you got going on for the last one. A good start :) Hope to see you push this further.

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 04, 2016, 02:14:59 PM
It's a decent start!

Since you start out in such a humble way, I'll try to pick out what (in my eyes) can be improved. The first thing I notice is the plastic which currently is too shiny, making it look like a toy rather than sturdy hardware. By taking a quick look at a reference picture (http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/459231/BlackDecker_ReturnToWork.jpg), you can see that the material is much less glossy, and with some subtle texturing. Increasing roughness and a subtle plastic bump map should do it to begin with.

Secondly, I think the brushed material seems a bit too shiny as well. Maybe roughen that up as well.

I like the subtle DoF you got going on for the last one. A good start :) Hope to see you push this further.
Thanks a lot for the inputs...I'll work on it

Josh3D

Hey Shubham! Welcome. I think you're off to a GREAT start. Composition goes a long way toward am interesting shot and you handle that really well. Some small tweaks here and there (like the ones Magnus mentions) and you'll be on you're way. Look forward to seeing more!

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Josh Mings on December 05, 2016, 08:31:29 AM
Hey Shubham! Welcome. I think you're off to a GREAT start. Composition goes a long way toward am interesting shot and you handle that really well. Some small tweaks here and there (like the ones Magnus mentions) and you'll be on you're way. Look forward to seeing more!
Thnx a lot...

ShubhamShah

Reducing the gloss of the plastic and the shine of the brushed metal...

Will Gibbons

Nice start. I'd try to use an HDRI that has more contrast since your latest image looks a bit dark/flat.

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 12, 2016, 08:47:28 AM
Nice start. I'd try to use an HDRI that has more contrast since your latest image looks a bit dark/flat.
Improved Contrast

Will Gibbons

ShubhamShah