Dynamic Colors - Automotive

Started by SebasDesign, December 22, 2016, 12:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebasDesign

So this idea came up on  a facebook group, to do automotive renderings with strong colors as light sources... I tried it and kinda liked it so I rendered some of my models with this kind of setup. You could think that would be a rather normal scene with colored lights applied but I took the other approach and went full neon using the good old black studio with STRONK colored lights.
I hope you... not hate them hehe, this was quite a change but it was good fun.

The 675LT wishes you all happy holydays!

Esben Oxholm

Really cool, Sebas.

It is good to go crazy sometimes - a good way to learn new stuff.
I love the lighting on 'One77 Colors' :)

Will Gibbons

P1 is my favorite... the pink/yellowish tones remind me of some of the Syd Mead dreaminess that came through on some of his work.

Arian Shamil

Great work,
All great entries but My favourite are the first shot of the gt40 and the Aston!
Love them :)

bdesign

"One77 Colors" is also my favorite. Great lighting contrast...has kind of a graphic novel/marvel comics feel to it :)

Cheers,
Eric

Despot

+1 on the one77, although I really like the first one - volumetrics using Eric's method or composited ?

SebasDesign

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 22, 2016, 12:36:20 PM
Really cool, Sebas.

It is good to go crazy sometimes - a good way to learn new stuff.
I love the lighting on 'One77 Colors' :)
Thanks a lot Esben! I agree, the lighting in the Aston is so... tasty

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 22, 2016, 01:37:52 PM
P1 is my favorite... the pink/yellowish tones remind me of some of the Syd Mead dreaminess that came through on some of his work.

Thanks will! The P1 took longer than the others since I didn't do a black studio but decided to use my trusty studio for it... I love it too, it has a nice mood to it.

Quote from: Arian Shamil on December 22, 2016, 02:59:58 PM
Great work,
All great entries but My favourite are the first shot of the gt40 and the Aston!
Love them :)

Thanks bro! The GT was the first one I rendered, to understand what I was getting into... I'm glad I improved a little with the others

Quote from: bdesign on December 22, 2016, 04:27:10 PM
"One77 Colors" is also my favorite. Great lighting contrast...has kind of a graphic novel/marvel comics feel to it :)

Cheers,
Eric
Thanks Eric! and I totally agree, I was trying to get a good angle and when I positioned the camera there I just thought WOW

Quote from: Despot on December 23, 2016, 05:55:03 AM
+1 on the one77, although I really like the first one - volumetrics using Eric's method or composited ?

Well I actually used Nils' method with the emissive planes with the opacity gradient