DeLorean

Started by Izayoi, May 24, 2013, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izayoi

Hi !

Here is a render of the Delorean.
The model is free from VizPeople

Speedster

Beautiful render, especially the masterful ground reflections.  But what's missing is the signature "Brushed Stainless" finish. It appears to be there to some degree, but it's lost in the lighting.  Keep pushing it!
Bill G

guest84672

Agree with Speedster. Nice to see a DeLorean. Always loved that thing.

edwardo

This is nice... not sure i agree with speedster - i always thought the delorean had a 'vapour blasted' kind of finish (the kind of finish that doesn't age well and doesn't like rain!), not a brushed one. Maybe Im wrong, never seen a Delorean in the flesh. I love the ground plane youve put in - a shimmering, oily floor. Lovely!

Ed

Speedster

Ed, I agree with you.  Interesting how memory plays tricks.  It's more of a "soft bead blast" finish.  Found this online.  But, the rendered metal does look slightly off to me, like not quite 'metallic" enough.
Bill G

Izayoi

Yep, thanks for the feedback.
The car paint is comming from a stainless mat(library). I didn't pay attention there was a bump map enabled, that's why Speedster got this feeling.  I'm rendering again without the bump this time.
I also agree about the "mettalic feeling". This is not quite easy with soft reflection. Maybe this could be solved by adding more contrast to the carpaint.

edwardo

try a metallic paint with the flake size right down/density up and a very slight bit of roughness on the clear coat.... might work, just a thought

ed

Izayoi

Thanks for the advise

Here is an other render.