Can't apply materials or anything from the library to my model

Started by sayuri, January 26, 2015, 04:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayuri

Hi everyone! First of all sorry if I'm doing something wrong, I lurked on this forum for a while but I only decided to sign up today. I looked for some introduction section or anything but I didn't find it (?) so I hope it's okay if I just post without introducing myself anywhere  :P

I recently installed keyshot 5 on a asus notebook with windows 7 installed, 4gb ram with AMD as graphic card, but when I import my rhino files and use drag and drop to apply materials on the items, it doesn't change anything. It doesn't show the material but if I go on the layers section it says that I applied that specific material on that part of the item but it doesn't show it :(

I must admit I don't have the latest driver for my graphic card because apparently the latest drivers would mess up my whole graphic card so I had to install the version just before the latest. I don't know if it depends from that or if I'm missing some settings or if I do something wrong when I export from rhino? I have every part of the item in a different layer on rhino and then I just go "Save as..." and then I import the file as it is on Keyshot. But I can't basically edit it in anyway since nothing happens when i drag the materials on it :(

Help?

( Sorry if I'm not very clear, english is not my first language  :) )

Rex

Hi sayuri!

Welcome to the KeyShot Forum! What version of KeyShot are you running?

This does seem like a graphics card related issue.

Is the issue resolved if you go to Preferences>advanced and uncheck "graphics effects" or "fast realtime updates"?

Rex

sayuri

Quote from: Rex on January 27, 2015, 09:58:39 AM
Hi sayuri!

Welcome to the KeyShot Forum! What version of KeyShot are you running?

This does seem like a graphics card related issue.

Is the issue resolved if you go to Preferences>advanced and uncheck "graphics effects" or "fast realtime updates"?

Rex

Hi Rex, thanks for replying! The version is 5.0, but even if I unchecked those options the problem still remains :(

Rex

Please update to the latest version - 5.1.66 - and let me know if you still have the issue.