Main Menu

RendeRING!!!

Started by ShubhamShah, January 15, 2017, 10:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShubhamShah

Practising metal rendering...Any inputs are welcomed.

DeekosRSV

It's a good start... Needs more light to make it 'sparkle' perhaps?

ShubhamShah

Can someone guide me with the composition? M totally confused what background should I have for the ring.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I'm by no means a jewelry renderer, but I think you might succeed better with the following:

• Compositionwise: Give the ring a bit more space on top (and maybe bottom). It seems a bit tight.

• Choose a ground plane and/or a background which has more subtlety. It is currently a bit busy, which pulls my eyes away from the subject. There are a ton of good examples if you google. ring product photography in my opinion. If you quickly browse them, you can see that they all have subtle backgrounds and grounds which pulls the eyes to the product.

• I think it would pop a bit more if you are able to add more highlights to the top of the ring by adding some bright pins in the HDRI editor

Just my 5 cents.

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 06, 2017, 03:57:09 AM
I'm by no means a jewelry renderer, but I think you might succeed better with the following:

• Compositionwise: Give the ring a bit more space on top (and maybe bottom). It seems a bit tight.

• Choose a ground plane and/or a background which has more subtlety. It is currently a bit busy, which pulls my eyes away from the subject. There are a ton of good examples if you google. ring product photography in my opinion. If you quickly browse them, you can see that they all have subtle backgrounds and grounds which pulls the eyes to the product.

• I think it would pop a bit more if you are able to add more highlights to the top of the ring by adding some bright pins in the HDRI editor

Just my 5 cents.
Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll work on these.

ShubhamShah

Improved render

Magnus Skogsfjord

Sweet! Much better composition in my opinion.

Now, we're closing in to personal preferences here on out, but maybe you can push it even further by doing the following:

1. Increase brightness/contrast of your environment. Try to play with theses two slides in the Environment tab to see if you can brighten up the ring.
2. Maybe decrease the bump on the ground plane. Try also adding a roughness/specular map to it. Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrFx1Fk0XQ

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 06, 2017, 06:57:59 AM
Sweet! Much better composition in my opinion.

Now, we're closing in to personal preferences here on out, but maybe you can push it even further by doing the following:

1. Increase brightness/contrast of your environment. Try to play with theses two slides in the Environment tab to see if you can brighten up the ring.
2. Maybe decrease the bump on the ground plane. Try also adding a roughness/specular map to it.
Thanks a lot Magnus for guiding me. Here is the result

Esben Oxholm

It is getting really good!

What kind of material are you trying to replicate as the ground?
In my eyes the scaling is off, as it, in my eyes, looks like wooden planks... but then the ring is huge! (or the planks are tiny).

Fine tuning this will make the rendering awesome!

Magnus Skogsfjord

It's getting really good indeed! +1 on the scaling. I would also perhaps push the brightness even more! You're really getting there now.

ShubhamShah

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 07, 2017, 02:37:57 AM
It is getting really good!

What kind of material are you trying to replicate as the ground?
In my eyes the scaling is off, as it, in my eyes, looks like wooden planks... but then the ring is huge! (or the planks are tiny).

Fine tuning this will make the rendering awesome!
Thanks a lot Esben for the appreciation and the advice
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 07, 2017, 03:08:28 AM
It's getting really good indeed! +1 on the scaling. I would also perhaps push the brightness even more! You're really getting there now.
Thank you Magnus
Worked on the scale. Not sure how to adjust the brightness. These are my settings for the HDRI editor and the post processor.