My first Product shots

Started by ddolezal, May 05, 2014, 02:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddolezal

Hello everybody,

after purchasing Keyshot a month ago I spent a lot of time evaluating my pipeline for product shots.
Although it did cost me some time to master material issues (especially the liquid) I must admit that the learning curve has been much steeper than with other solutions - and even months of working in C4D did not produce similar results (but I am sure this might have something to do with the person in front of the computer).

Here are the first results and I would love to read your comments on the quality of the shots and am looking forward to suggestions how to improve the results even more.
Number 74 is without DOF
Number 73 is with DOF

One thing I was not able to get rid of are the reflection artifacts in the lid - I do not know where they are coming from but assume it must have something to do with the hdr (I am using Light Tent White Floor 2k). (see number 76)

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions,

best regards from Hamburg,

Dieter

Dylan

Quote from: ddolezal on May 05, 2014, 02:55:04 AM
I must admit that the learning curve has been much steeper than with other solutions -

I found the opposite, that is I found Keyshot very easy to get the hang of.
About your lid reflections. Are the lids separate geometry to the glass? If they are, you can adjust settings for the lids without affecting the glass.

ddolezal

Quote from: dillster on May 05, 2014, 03:45:10 AM
I found the opposite, that is I found Keyshot very easy to get the hang of.

With "steeper learning curve" I meant that achieving good results took considerably less time than with other software products.
Sorry if used the wrong phrase to point this out - english is not my mother tongue.