Rendering Different from Screenshot

Started by asybrandy, November 20, 2019, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asybrandy

I am working on a rendering of some of our instruments. They are partially submerged in water to show how they look deployed.

The screenshot looks good, but when I render it I get silhouettes of the parts of the instruments that are under water.

I've attached the bip file, a screenshot and a rendering. It only includes one of the drifters to reduce the file size. Does anyone know what is happening? What settings do I need to change to make the rendering look like the screen shot?

Thanks in advance.

asybrandy

Got it!!

I had to go to Render Options, click custom control next to Quality and deselect sharp shadows. The rendered image now looks the same as the screen capture.

Jesper Mosegaard

Hi Asybrandy

Although your suggested solution might have solve the appearance of the issues - it is actually something else entirely :)

The actual issue is that the environment is very small compared to the geometry in the scene. If you enlarge the Environment to 5000 inches it will look as it is supposed to also when you render the image (there is unfortunately a slight difference in the way we handle the environment in the real-time view and in the final render)

Project Window > Environment Tab > Transform > Size

Regards.
Jesper