Bugatti Type 57...

Started by Deacon, November 11, 2012, 10:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Lighting study rendering of a Bugatti Type 57. Really loving the new DuPont paint materials... don't know how the programmers did it, but the paints actually seem to have depth to them, much like many layers of hand-rubbed lacquer.

Paul

CAClark

On my work monitor at least its dark to the point of being hard to make out much of anything.

Cheers!

guest84672

Deacon

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. The image is intended to be dark, just the deep red of the car coming out of the black background with the light reflections highlighting the curves of the body. It looks just right on my studio monitor, but then I keep my studio dark to eliminate glare and annoying reflections on the screen. Perhaps I should lighten it up a touch so that a little more of the body is discernible from the background and easier to see in less than ideal viewing environments.

Paul

Despot

me too.... can't see a thing until a bring it into PS and adjust shadow/highlights

kana

les courbes de cette bugatti sont merveilleuses ,
le jeu de l'eclairage studio sur les courbes est

Speedster

Well, seeing it on my EIZO color calibrated monitor, and knowing what a 57 looks like, I think it's stunning. Look at it a bit and let your eyes adjust.   But, maybe lighten it up just a tiny bit?  It's really an awesome rendering!
Bill G

Deacon

Thank you Bill and Kana... I'm running a slightly lighter rendering now and will post that later today.

Paul

Deacon

Here is a slightly lighter version. More of the shape of the car's body is now discernible from the background. Thanks for the input guys...

Paul

Speedster

BINGO!  Pardon my yelling!
Bill G

guest84672

kana

beau travail , je suis impatient de voir la voiture dans son ensemble  ;)

Deacon

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated. No problem with the yelling Bill... ;)

Paul

Saloff

the lighter version is just amazing!