[RESOLVED]Out of memory error with large image texture

Started by Ryan Day, August 22, 2019, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Day

Hey guys, first off I fully understand memory limitations are a reality, but just wanted to get some input on this. I'm trying to render something out to be printed at 60" tall at 300DPI, so the graphic itself has to be large enough to be crisp at that size as well. The texture is being applied as a label on a metal material, transparent .PNG. It's about 67MB in file size. When I try to apply it Keyshot throws an error:

"Out of memory (requesting 4294966410I MB)!!! This may cause instabilities..."

Now, that request is obviously vastly higher than the filesize of what I'm trying to apply. There's more to it than that, of course, but I need this file to apply, soon. Any suggestions? This is an urgent request and I've hit a roadblock.

Bruno F

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for submitting your question.

The issue you are seeing can be caused by an insufficient Render output window memory limit.

How to fix it:

1. Open KeyShot
2. Go to Edit/KeyShot > Preferences > Advanced
3. Set the "Render output window memory limit" to 8 MB.
4. Click "Save Changes" and re-start KeyShot

Ryan Day

Quote from: Bruno F on August 22, 2019, 04:27:22 PM
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for submitting your question.

The issue you are seeing can be caused by an insufficient Render output window memory limit.

How to fix it:

1. Open KeyShot
2. Go to Edit/KeyShot > Preferences > Advanced
3. Set the "Render output window memory limit" to 8 MB.
4. Click "Save Changes" and re-start KeyShot

Hey Bruno, thanks for the response! Currently it's set to 256MB; would it be better to reduce it to 8? Out of curiosity's sake, what exactly is this function?

I was able to work around the issue by removing some detail from the graphic (removed some dead space and erased some of the graphic that would have just been on the back out of view) and was able to get it to load for this project, but figuring out some issues would be great for future projects! :)

Bruno F

Hello Ryan,

Yes 8 MB did work for others. I believe this is just the memory that your render pogress window takes. The less pixels it needs to display, the less memory it needs.

Justin A

Due to inactivity on this post it will be set to RESOLVED and closed. If you are still having the same issues please open a new thread on the forum or contact us direct at Support@luxion.com

Thank you