Replace label without resizing?

Started by mattjgerard, September 03, 2019, 06:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

I tried searching the forum for the solution to this, but came up with nothing.

When replacing a label, is there ANY way to do it without the new label having its settings reset? I will map a label to a surface, then replace the label with a new one, and the size/position settings all revert to default. How do I replace a label and retain the settings? I've tried all ways to replace a label, dragging to the file name field, click on the folder icon, etc. The only way is to rename the new label as the old one and refresh, but this doesn't help my multimaterials and studios where I need to have many versions with just the label changing.

Thanks!
Matt

INNEO_MWo

it would be nice if the "use DPI" option won't activate itself by replacing the image file

Francisco

Hello Matt,

When trying to change the label you have in KeyShot with another label and wanting to keep the same sizing without it changing on you. There is an option when changing the label you would need to right-click on the label name area and you will see the option Replace and retain size.

The image attached would show you were to right-click.

Quote from: mattjgerard on September 03, 2019, 06:58:11 AM
I tried searching the forum for the solution to this, but came up with nothing.

When replacing a label, is there ANY way to do it without the new label having its settings reset? I will map a label to a surface, then replace the label with a new one, and the size/position settings all revert to default. How do I replace a label and retain the settings? I've tried all ways to replace a label, dragging to the file name field, click on the folder icon, etc. The only way is to rename the new label as the old one and refresh, but this doesn't help my multimaterials and studios where I need to have many versions with just the label changing.

Thanks!
Matt

Furniture_Guy

WHOA! That's a good one...

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mattjgerard

That really should be the default behavior, I can't really think of a situation where I wouldn't want that to be the case.

Excellent tip, thank you! I'm writing that on my short list of "gotchas" that I keep posted near my monitor.

NM-92

mattjgerard

Quote from: NM-92 on September 04, 2019, 06:44:53 AM
This was soooooo hidden !
I know, the annoyed part of me wants to call this a bug, the excited part of me wants to call it an easter egg!

INNEO_MWo

Stunning. That is why I love this community!

Thanks Francisco!!!

Eric Summers

I don't use labels often, but this should help make things a bit easier! Thanks!

Bruno F

If you are not changing the label's native width-to-height ratio, you can also just drag and drop your new label into the Color/Diffuse thumbnail. However, if you normally need to tweak your label's native width-to-height ratio, then "Replace and retain size" will work best.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Bruno F on September 05, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
If you are not changing the label's native width-to-height ratio, you can also just drag and drop your new label into the Color/Diffuse thumbnail. However, if you normally need to tweak your label's native width-to-height ratio, then "Replace and retain size" will work best.

I'm pretty sure I tried this and it didn't work. I'll test again once the current batch of fires have been put out.