Radial Brushed Metal

Started by spacer, September 06, 2019, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacer

Hi Guys,

How can achieve this type of effect on a cylindrical part? I've seen tutorials online but I don't have the material graph function. I currently have KS 7 HD.

RRIS

There's a bunch of these brushed materials in the default Keyshot material library.. don't they work for you? (Set the texture mapping to cylindrical).

spacer

I've managed to get it some what good looking by following an online tutorial but it doesn't get as good as the picture in my previous post.

Eugen Fetsch

Can you show us some pictures of your progress. It is hard to give you an advice without knowing what to look for. Is it lighting or textures or shading  ???

RRIS

Something like this, a really quick try?

I guess the difference between your photo and a brushed metal is that you're missing the clearcoat.

So, try a carpaint material and put the brushed texture node on bump (which is for the metal, not the clearcoat) and metal roughness. Keep the clearcoat roughness really low.

spacer

DMerz III

TGS808

Material Graph Monday is probably not as helpful to someone who has no access to the Material Graph.  :-\

DMerz III

Quote from: TGS808 on September 11, 2019, 05:30:00 PM
Material Graph Monday is probably not as helpful to someone who has no access to the Material Graph.  :-\

::) Doh -- totally glossed over that part. Sorry!