Sneak peek later I shall speak!

Started by abedsabeh, December 17, 2019, 12:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Hello everyone and I am so glad to join this amazing contest with so many new features in KeyShot9 that for sure needs more time to spend and dig into in order to master them. Never the less here is a simple riddle for you  :D I wanted to add some fun to the forum and enjoy every bit of it.

Here you go  :D

I'm not a spider
I'm not a leaf
I'm not a giraffe
I'm maybe green
What Am I? :D

abedsabeh

It's gonna be fuzzy with lots of fuzz to come  ;D

abedsabeh

Building up the scene with some more FUZZ  :D
By the way, every time I enable the denoiser, KeyShot crashes immediately as soon as I hit render.

abedsabeh

WIP: Two random shots from the animation sequence. I will share more once everything is ready.

KeyShot

Welcome back Abed! Excited to see more progress!

abedsabeh

More frames are baking and the clock is ticking  :D

abedsabeh

Hello again!

This is a final 2nd concept submission with different perspectives and ambiances.

On those renders, I used the cloth material for the red part with some fuzz, and the geometry fuzz on the white part. The broken violin hair on the bow is fuzz too. Santa in the background has fuzz too (in motion) but I wanted to concentrate more on the foreground and have more details on it.

This is all rendered inside KeyShot including the flying sparkles and I only used a tiny bit of color correction in Photoshop. Chromatic Aberration and bloom were enabled. I did not use any denoiser on those images, I wanted them to be detailed and crisp.

Stay tuned for the 2nd animated concept with some stills too.

Sneak peek SOON I shall speak!.  :D

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

designgestalt

hey abedsabeh,
this looks really awesome and promising !!
I am looking forward to see the end result .... !!
my only (very little) critique would be, that the fuzz material does look a bit scratchy and could be a bit more fluffy...
but than again, I have not even touched the fuzz material yet, so I have not experience at all with it !

cheers
designgestalt

abedsabeh

Quote from: designgestalt on December 25, 2019, 03:40:45 AM
hey abedsabeh,
this looks really awesome and promising !!
I am looking forward to see the end result .... !!
my only (very little) critique would be, that the fuzz material does look a bit scratchy and could be a bit more fluffy...
but than again, I have not even touched the fuzz material yet, so I have not experience at all with it !

cheers
designgestalt

Hello there, thanks for the comment.

This is the end result for those images since I have another one that I'm working on. Also, believe me there is a lot of fuzz to deal with in those images and it was a bit time consuming to change the settings of the fuzz in order to achieve what I want. I wish it was a real time change on the view port but it isn't.

Cheers!
Abed

abedsabeh

Hello again and this is my final 3D animated submission for the contest.

- I have done the modeling, rigging and animation with the UV mapping inside Maya.
- I have exported the animation as an Alembic so I can import it into Keyshot.
- All the fuzz, texturing, lighting rendering was done inside KeyShot. I was amazed with the render speed on a 128 samples for each frame, and it took around half a minute to set up the fuzz before the render starts...which is fine. :D
- The curtains were also simulated in Maya and exported as .abc. That was fun to play with in KeyShot.
- For the "LET IT FUZZ" I generated an animated sequence in AE for the color, density and growth which was linked as frames into the fuzz node.

I don't hide that I faced some issues during the process of sending the animation into KeyShot, but I worked around it to make it happen  :D

I would like to thank my 2 friends that make this video happen:
1- Elie Eskandar who did the "Kermit the frog" mimic.
2- Alaa Aldeen Alhamwi who did a great job with a very limited time on the rigging and animation.

The story board and the script was my concept and the full edit with color correction and sound tracks/edits was all done by me (sound library).

Here is an image of the hero and a link for the video.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/381694745[/vimeo]

GOOD LUCK everyone!!!