This forum channel is being retired

Started by DerekCicero, February 12, 2020, 03:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerekCicero

In order to better manage the overal support load, we have launched a new support portal at help.keyshot.com. The new portal allows users to create tickets for issues via the site, as well as allow the Support Team to track the timely responses to Forum posts. As a result, we are moving the official forums for General Support and Bug and Crashes here:

General Support
Bugs and Crashes

These channels will be closed to new and archived on February 18th.

mattjgerard

Will be interested to see how this works, I know as a developer it will probably be a huge improvement in workflow and tracking, but as a user it will fragment my interactions with the forum, as I rarely dive directly into individual forums, I use the "new and most recent" function to see all the new posts across all the forums. Now I will have to go to 2 places to get my forum fix. Will the new General Support forum totally balloon in size due to people posting everything there now and abandoning the old forums? Not sure, will be interesting. Totally understand why this move was made from Luxions side of things, but might be taking a step back on the user side of things.

Eric Summers

I too will be curious to see how this works as I just keep up with unread posts. Also, will the new support forum require a separate login or will the login I use here work over there?

DMerz III

Will I need to submit my post from yesterday, again?

DerekCicero

You will need a "new" login , but you can use Google/Facebook login, so you don't need a new account. We are working towards unifying all the KeyShot logins (web, cloud, etc) in the future. To be more clear on the change, community conversations can still happen around issues you are seeing, but we trying to separate posts that are in need of specific response from our Support Team from community conversations.

DerekCicero

David - We will still look at the issue you posted. We're going to leave this channel up for another few days.

mattjgerard

So are the posts that are Ok on this general forum OK on the new general forum? I mean a lot of the posts here are "how do I make this look better" and "why am I getting this weird reflection" sort of posts that may not be requiring direct support from Luxion, but can be answered by members that have run across it before, or is the new forum only for targeted problems that require the input of Luxion support?

I see main types of posts on a daily basis ranging from

1) Q-How can I do this/is there a button to make this happen
A- yep, its under this menu/right click here and select this

2)Q- I'm getting a weird reflection/not expected results/why is it doing this
A- because of this or that or that's the way its designed to work/file as a bug or feature request

3) Q- My shits broken and I can't get any work done
A- Quit posting on a public forum and call tech support you walnut

So, are all three still appropriate for the new forum? If anything I really like the look and function of the new site. Much cleaner and yes, searching on freshdesk works really well.

Does everything posted come up as a ticket that needs to be resolved then archived? Or can there just be open posts about things that can continue to be on going conversations?

DerekCicero

Yes, the community forum and it's various topics, will still be the place for genereal discussion around using and getting the most out of KeyShot and will still include discussions from staff member, but if you need an official response to an issue in the next 1-2 business day, use the new channel.

mattjgerard

Quote from: DerekCicero on February 18, 2020, 03:32:26 PM
Yes, the community forum and it's various topics, will still be the place for genereal discussion around using and getting the most out of KeyShot and will still include discussions from staff member, but if you need an official response to an issue in the next 1-2 business day, use the new channel.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.