Final rendering too long... Frames are too large about 4500 frames.

Started by LALKISHEN, June 25, 2020, 09:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LALKISHEN

Hi guys
              This is lalkishen from India. I am a new to keyshot . I have created a new assembly animation for my fsae car. The assembly video is around 132sec and comes around 4500 frames with 30fps. I am doing the first 10 secs rendering and it took about 13 hrs and is still not yet completed.i don't know how to complete my full video. Pls guide me. Each single frame take around 5mins. Any way to increase the speed. I am stuck in the middle and don't know what to do. Pls guide me The resolution is 1280*720. And the laptop specs are
*i58th gen
*4 cores
*8gb ram
*4gb graphics

Eugen Fetsch

There are so many ways to improve the rendert time, but without any further information about your scene, light, material and render settings it's impossible to give you an advice.

Anyway, 5 minutes / frame on a 4x core i5 doesn's sound really much. I would recomend to use a paid render farm service with a better hardware.

Strela17

Strange, your specs should allow for a higher speed. Are you sure of the resolution? But yeah, without further info, we're stuck.

theAVator

My first reaction is to maybe look at a higher spec computer/laptop or a rendering service - although I know that's not always an option or an option in every circumstance.

Keep in mind that not every single frame has to be super highres detailed photo perfect. It's video, so you have a little wiggle room because of the motion aspect. I do agree that some more info is needed, including a screenshot of the render settings you are currently using. Are you also rendering an HDRI environment with it, or just using a plain color background or backplate? (if using a backplate you might be able to get away with removing the backplate and then rendering PNG frames with transparency and then adding the backplate in post prod.

As with all video/animation outputs - enable the render frame outputs so you have them later and so you can assemble the video from those in post. Unless you really have a specific need for the direct video output, I'd say skip that and just work with the raw frames later. There's tons of posts on here about that but it primarily revolves around outputting the frames, then importing those frames as a stack frame sequence in your video software (i.e. premiere, after effects, etc).

Just for a quick frame of reference (yours will vary greatly but just so you can see some comparable numbers), when I render animations my catch all settings are 1920x1080 at either 30 or 60 fps, and I render using max time at 02:45/frame which gets me about 305 frames in 14 hours (i.e. running after work hours until i start the next day) or 1461 frames over 67 hours (i.e. letting it run over the weekend). All of this on a single  Xeon processor with 16 cores. I almost always render PNG frames with transparency(usually no ground shadows for the stuff I do) or I run JPEG frame outputs with a greenscreen color background that I can key out in post.

SO you can see there's a lot of variables and variations depending on what you're working with. Any extra info you can provide allows others to help out so much more.

Trixtr

You just have to wait... unfortunately.  With i5 and no hyperthreading it'll take time. What you can look into is, as mentioned earlier, set the max time per frame or you could reduce the number of samples per frame. So if you only want to see what the final animation would be like, without full rendering, reduce to 1 or 2 samples per frame. If you have increased ray bounces, this increases render time.
Other things outside of keyshot could be to close as many programs as possible to leave more power to Keyshot.

Eugen Fetsch

There are so many ways to speed up a render. Geometry, materials, texture size, effects, render settings, multiframe denoising in post, etc. You need to post the project file so somebody can look into it and make suggestions.

andy.engelkemier

For a Car? 5 minutes per frame is pretty good on a system that barely meet the minimum requirements. Go any lower and you're likely better off in a real-time software, which will still end up taking 20-30 seconds per frame when you calculate in saving.

Do you have actual Movement for 132 seconds? One of the biggest mistakes I see people making is rendering pauses. You don't render a pause. Render each sequence seperately, and pause in afterEffects.

Does that system have thunderbolt 3? If so, you can add an external graphics card and render with that. That's what I use. But my guess, given the i5, is that it wouldn't have that.