Glass Jagged Refraction Issue

Started by raglo, June 18, 2020, 03:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raglo

I'm getting these weird jagged lines with the stock glass material in Keyshot 9. The screenshot clear shows the problem. In case it's not clear on the screenshot, the jagged edges appear when looking at the back of the cone through the front. I've also attached the bip file. I hope someone can help me troubleshoot.

Details:
Keyshot 9.3.14
macOS 10.15.5
MacBook Pro 16,1 (2.3 i9, 5500m 4gb, 16 gb RAM)

raglo

This really urgent. Can someone please help?

Finema

Hi,
It's your model that's not correct. Redraw it and export it properly. That's what I did. I'm attaching the .bip.

raglo

Quote from: Finema on June 21, 2020, 01:17:07 AM
Hi,
It's your model that's not correct. Redraw it and export it properly. That's what I did. I'm attaching the .bip.

Hey thanks a lot. Could you please explain what you mean by redraw and export? I'm using Fusion360 with the keyshot export plugin.

Finema

what are the export parameters with the plugin?

Berube

Hi there,

May wanna try to export the model separately. IGES or any other nurbs format will assure a smooth parametric curved look.
STEP, FBX and obj may triangulate the model using polygons.

-Berube

TGS808

Quote from: Berube on June 30, 2020, 01:17:43 PMIGES or any other nurbs format will assure a smooth parametric curved look. STEP, FBX and obj may triangulate the model using polygons.

Like IGES, STEP is also a NURBS format. Of course, everything that gets brought into KS gets turned in to a triangulated mesh in the end, but STEP is will retain NURBS info if you check the box on import.