Hair gradient UV

Started by Benny L, July 16, 2020, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny L

I've tried this a few times but can't seem to get this right for a hair model I have and I want to do gradient color from root to tip.
I tried "curve" type gradient but doesnt seem to work. I used other platforms and they don't seem to have problem, does anyone have an answer on this?

INNEO_MWo

Hello Benny.

I guess that the hair model is from another program and not calculated like fuzz. But as you see in the library material "powder brush" (fuzz example) - maybe you can add a material on top of the surface, use the gradient in the diffuse channel with the curve mapping type?!?

Otherwise you can check the import settings of the hair model. There should be a curve parameter that may be help?!

Good luck
Cheers

Marco

PS: Can you share the hair model or a simple example scene?

Benny L

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on July 17, 2020, 12:46:29 AM
Hello Benny.

I guess that the hair model is from another program and not calculated like fuzz. But as you see in the library material "powder brush" (fuzz example) - maybe you can add a material on top of the surface, use the gradient in the diffuse channel with the curve mapping type?!?

Otherwise you can check the import settings of the hair model. There should be a curve parameter that may be help?!

Good luck
Cheers

Marco

PS: Can you share the hair model or a simple example scene?

Yea I can try that. FYI I tried it in Maya and C4D and gradient seems to work.

What's your email I can send you a sample scene

INNEO_MWo

You'll find my mail address in the user info mwodarz@inneo.com
You know my colleague Jens from the Render World last year I guess.

Cheers
Marco