Can this be done in Keyshot9? Nodes and Material Graph

Started by newoldschool, November 09, 2020, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newoldschool

I've found this topic that is closed, it's from 2018.
https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=22889.msg97823;topicseen#msg97823

But I can't find a way to do this, so, is this possible?

It's so hard to work with more than 3 materials!
If this was not developed, how do pro users use the material graph when you have like 6 materials or more, and then also labels etc! just to think about it it makes me feel anxious xD

Eric Summers

No, not yet :-\ - unless KS10 has implemented something. I just have to do it manually, sometimes it's like untangling a bunch of wires. Once everything is organized it isn't too bad unless you duplicate a material with a bunch of nodes or accidentally hit the align nodes button.

mattjgerard

i dont think they have, or it would have been a big thing in the beta. I checked, there's nothing like that in there. Ugh that would have been awesome.

Eric Summers

Quote from: mattjgerard on November 10, 2020, 06:45:25 AM
i dont think they have, or it would have been a big thing in the beta. I checked, there's nothing like that in there. Ugh that would have been awesome.
Bummer. And I didn't have time to beta test, or I would've been bringing this up again.

Sounds like it's time for another wish list post about this.

newoldschool

OMG really??? I'm new here but this software is like version 9 and it doesnt have something like this? It's pretty basic to me if the material graph is the main option to pro edit a material  :o

Quote from: Eric Summers on November 10, 2020, 05:08:06 AM
No, not yet :-\ - unless KS10 has implemented something. I just have to do it manually, sometimes it's like untangling a bunch of wires. Once everything is organized it isn't too bad unless you duplicate a material with a bunch of nodes or accidentally hit the align nodes button.
And maybe I'm doing something wrong but, even if I organize it if I add a New material while being in a multi-material object, this will make everything all together again!  ???

There is a way to turn off this "auto-align" or "auto-arrange" every time I add a new material?

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

mafrieger

Quote from: Eric Summers on November 10, 2020, 07:19:38 AM
Quote from: mattjgerard on November 10, 2020, 06:45:25 AM
Bummer. And I didn't have time to beta test, or I would've been bringing this up again.

Sounds like it's time for another wish list post about this.

done: https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=27100.0
please comment on it with a simple +1..

newoldschool

Thanks mafrieger!!! Do you know anything about what I've said in my last comment? There is a way to turn off auto re-arrange every time I create a new material in a multimaterial instance?