Main Menu

R23?

Started by Weezer, September 25, 2020, 10:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Any sign of a plugin for R23 (and, I suppose, R22 come to that). I find it really useful.

mattjgerard

I'm using the current plugin for R22 and its working fine, is there anything specific you are looking for from the plugin?

Weezer

The R21 plugin I have doesn't work in R23, and that's the latest download.

stevep67

I'm using the plugin with S23 and it's working just fine.

Weezer

S22 or R23?? There is no S23 :-)

Just downloaded the latest R21 plugin, installed in R23 (right plugin folder this time) but still nothing; it's not recognised by C4D. Doesn't show up anywhere. (macOS).

mattjgerard

I just checked and I'm acutally using the latest plugin version with R22 and its working for me. Sure you have it installed in the right place? I've made that mistake pretty much every time I upgrade Cinema. I wish the C4D installer would just map the preferences path to a common location. Would make upgrading so much easier

Weezer

Are you on S22? It certainly doesn't work in R23. Not for me, anyway.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Weezer on September 30, 2020, 01:48:32 AM
Are you on S22? It certainly doesn't work in R23. Not for me, anyway.

Yeah, Im on R22. Embarrasingly, I was downloading the R23 installer last night to help troublshoot this (on the subscription plan and don't really use the latest and greatest features at all) and I ran out of space on my paltry 256gb system drive IT stocked my computer with.

Today I'll be firing up WinDirStat and seeing what I can do about that, and try again :)

Weezer

Any news on this? Anyone else need an R23 plugin, or is it (surely not) just me!?

mattjgerard

Yeah, I could use that right now, Im exporting fbx's which seems to work ok for now.

novo__gray

Hi Weezer,
thre weeks ago I was still using R20 in kombination with Keyshot 9. The plugin for R20 did exactly what it should do.
Now with R23 I tryed the Keyshot-plugin for R21 and it does not !
I guess it has something to do with the new python version Maxon is using now.
Several older plugins have the same problem. The guys from greyscale also had to produce a patch.

If anyone has a propper solution for the new R23 users it would be great.

I hope that Keyshot will annonce a new Plugin soon. (I hope they are listening ... )

Weezer

Yes, I've fully transitioned to R23 and the only thing missing is my Keyshot bridge, which worked so well in R20/R21. Really hope they will bring it back.

mattjgerard

They will, it just might be a bit. They had the same backed up timleine with all the other releases. I've worked with the developer creating the plugin about resolving some bugs in the past, so it is probably in the works, just on a delayed schedule. I'll see if I can look them up again and reach out.

Weezer

I really hope so. The basic functionality was fine, but I've always wondered how good it could be, if it could bring over textured, UV-mapped objects as well (not worried so much about native C4D shaders as it'd be too complex). But bitmap textures would be just brilliant.