Replicating a material

Started by jblaze, December 16, 2020, 08:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblaze

Guys,
I'm trying to replicate a material presented to me as a Composite material. I played around with the plastic materials but I'm not getting nearer. Could you help me with some ideas?
Thanks!

INNEO_MWo

A few quick tips:
Use a similar environment / light setup
Use generic or advance material type
Post samples in higher resolution that other users can check the details like bump or flakes, ...

jblaze

@INNEO_MWo Thank you for your tips.
The original renderings were done by another person and probably with different software. I have access only to the CAD model and the renderings. Due to confidentiality reasons I can share only fragment of the original image (see my previous post).
As you've suggested I gave it a try with advanced material type and here is what I got (material properties table - also attached). It's not perfect but it's the closest result I could do.
I would be happy if someone could help me improve my result.
Thanks!

TGS808

Try the attached KSP. I don't know how big your piece is so the scale may be off but it looks pretty close to your reference. Might help move you in the right direction.

jblaze

@TGS808 Greatly appreciated. Looks perfect. Unfortunately I still haven't migrated to KS10 and can't open your file. Currently using version 9.3. Is there a chance to post a screenshot of the material properties?
Thanks!

TGS808

I did it over in 9.3. You should be able to open this one.

jblaze

Thanks. That's perfect.
I've never used generic materials before. I should look more into them.