Issue regarding turntable of ground plane

Started by nirmall, February 04, 2021, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirmall

Hi Keyshot lovers,
i am trying to create a turntable animation where my ground plane also moves 360 degree with the product, however my product moves 360 degrees but my material on the ground plane does not animate.

Any help would be appreciated

TGS808

Apply the same turnable animation that you used on your product to the ground plane. You can copy and paste it. Do that, and the ground plane will move with the product.

Anindo Ghosh

Would the camera Orbit animation give you the result you need?
If you need the environment to stay static relative to the camera, then applying an Environment rotation animation identical to the Orbit should do the trick.

TGS808

Quote from: Anindo Ghosh on February 04, 2021, 07:52:13 PM
Would the camera Orbit animation give you the result you need?
If you need the environment to stay static relative to the camera, then applying an Environment rotation animation identical to the Orbit should do the trick.

You're making it more complex than it needs to be. Environment rotation isn't necessary. If he follows what I posted, he'll get exactly what he wants.

nirmall

Quote from: TGS808 on February 04, 2021, 06:14:52 PM
Apply the same turnable animation that you used on your product to the ground plane. You can copy and paste it. Do that, and the ground plane will move with the product.
did that, but still ground plane is static

nirmall

I am applying a jpeg material to the ground plane, you guys think that could be the reason why the ground plane is not shoing any movement??

TGS808

Quote from: nirmall on February 05, 2021, 08:53:28 AM
I am applying a jpeg material to the ground plane, you guys think that could be the reason why the ground plane is not shoing any movement??

No. It will work with a JPEG or procedural. See attached KSP.