Has Performance Mode become slower in KS 10 compared to previous versions

Started by tbroen, February 16, 2021, 01:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbroen

At the moment I use Keyshot for a lot of animations. Animations with larger models. Keyshot files at about 2 GB with +2.000.000 Triangles.

I upgraded from Keyshot 8 to Keyshot 10, but I find that the performance mode has become slower in Keyshot 10 than it was in Keyshot 8.
Especially when working on animations - This means that I can no longer use my preview in the animation to get an accurate picture of timings and durations of animations, simply because the viewport is lagging about (2-4) seconds and not following the timeline marker.

Are there any way to optimize performance mode settings to make use of the animation timeline more "realtime"?

/tbroen

Running on a Ryzen 9 3900X with 64GB Ram on an M2 SSD - So the computer shouldn't be the issue.

INNEO_MWo

IMHO performance mode runs with e samples since KeyShot 9 then 1 sample like in 8. This causes the performance gap. Animations run very fast in the geometry view and you can pause the real-time render port.

tbroen

Great tip INNEO_MWo - Havent used Geometry view yet, because it used to be very slow in KS8.

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on February 16, 2021, 09:20:16 AM
Animations run very fast in the geometry view and you can pause the real-time render port.