Which material type works on Quick AR of iPhone via USDZ?

Started by Higuchi, April 12, 2021, 07:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Higuchi

Hi guys,

Throughout many kinds of my tests about USDZ exporting, I can almost understand what we can or can't do on this platform. And, is my understanding about material type of USDZ correct?

1. Bitmap image data (diffuse, reflect, bump, label, etc...)   -> works well on AR
2. Metal   -> works well on AR
3. Light   -> doesn't work on AR[/li][/list]

Thank you,

INNEO_MWo

No light baking, no translucent materials or any other that uses subsurface scattering, no IOR or ABBE number, no transmission roughness, no double side texture (with USD files) -> so no incorrect normals, no animation, no X-ray and some more limitations for this list.

Plastic and paint look nearly the same. But most time the output isn't as bad as this list of limits might sound. Just follow the principal KISS and you get useful results.

AR files supports the channels, diffuse, roughness, specularity and normal maps.

This forum would help and answer questions and let you find some results to this topic.

Have to check the manual. Hope that Luxion provide a material matrix / comparison similar to KeyVR.

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

P.S. written in short form on a mobile device.

Higuchi

Thank you so much! They are almost as I thought, and I'm glad that I'm not only one who is struggling about this topic. Additionally, I agree with you so much that Luxion would add detailed information on the manual, as I couldn't find it below.
https://manual.keyshot.com/manual/models-tab/export/export-formats/